We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Internet explorer wont display
john_kent
Posts: 425 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi all
been to look at a friends grandads new HP laptop
We are unable to get on the Virgin Media internet service (cable)
I can ping websites from within a dos box and rune a tracert but when we open IE7 , we get a Page can not be displayed error message
I have run the connection wizard that checks out ok
Any ideas?
been to look at a friends grandads new HP laptop
We are unable to get on the Virgin Media internet service (cable)
I can ping websites from within a dos box and rune a tracert but when we open IE7 , we get a Page can not be displayed error message
I have run the connection wizard that checks out ok
Any ideas?
0
Comments
-
Is IE setup to access the internet through whichever connection method your using?0
-
yes, as far as i can see.
its a cable modem. what do i check0 -
Try temporarily disabling any firewall.0
-
ive trued that as well. Im taking my laptop over to see if it works0
-
Are you sure he's not set it to work offline?
In I.E 7 its Tools then uncheck "work offline"0 -
Tools - Internet options - Connections and make sure 'Never dial a connection' is selected.
Try closing IE7 and run it with add-ons disabled: Start - Run - iexplore -extoff - OK.0 -
ive tried everything apart from the comman mentioned
I have never had this problem. I may just take it back to how it was out the box and go again0 -
Try firefox to rule out any other problems0
-
ive tried everything apart from the comman mentioned
I have never had this problem. I may just take it back to how it was out the box and go again
Try "Tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced" then "Reset"
Also try accesing another website. I once spent ages trying to access my default website and realised afterwards that the webiste was down and nothing wrong with the browser. Since the website was yahoo i didnt think it was down, suppose i was proved wrong
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards