We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Urgent Help - Husband Left And Mortgage In Arrears
Comments
-
So tell us what this info is, don't keep it a secret!
more than likely to buy your house off you for 75% of its true valueI am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it.This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Sorry guys for coming full on but I am passionate about repossession and how to stop it.
What I actually do is carry out audits on mortgage and loan accounts to see if clients have been treated fairly and honestly by lenders and brokers alike. If they have not, I provide the legal means to gain redress through the courts, if necessary. This often entails putting a permanent stop to any possible repossession.
If you industry guys want to assist in this give me a call. You only to pm me for my contact details and I will help you stay within the law. Many of you are not at the moment without knowing it and it might come back to bite, especially if you are providing secured loans.
You cant say I didnt offer.
regards
PeterI am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.
However, I have since seen the light.0 -
I tried to contact CAB but closed till next wednesday - I am informed that providing 75% in paid in before end of May this month will not class as a default. Its essential as I need to move and will require a mortgage but cannot risk adverse mortgage history.0
-
Try income support because your husband left you you might get help with the mortgage. However because its an income based benefit they will take into account any maintenance payments you get or other money coming into the house. Obviously you need to contact your council re council tax help. http://www.welfarerights.net/
give welfare rights a ring straight away. The longer you hang around the worse your problems will become. (((hug))) for you as well i think you need it take care. ps You dont say whether you are are statutory sick pay from your employer or incapacity benefit. If you are on ssp then you wont get help from income support. If you are on incap you could possibly get a top up and help with your mortgage claiming i/s as well.0 -
What I actually do is carry out audits on mortgage and loan accounts to see if clients have been treated fairly and honestly by lenders and brokers alike. If they have not, I provide the legal means to gain redress through the courts, if necessary. This often entails putting a permanent stop to any possible repossession.
If you industry guys want to assist in this give me a call. You only to pm me for my contact details and I will help you stay within the law. Many of you are not at the moment without knowing it and it might come back to bite
Peter
So what qualifications do you have and who are you regulated by? And is trying to reclaim a few charges really the best way for the poster to get the support that she needs from the lender?
I'm not saying there are not some genuine cases, but the brokers here are all trained and regulated, so to come on and say we are probably breaking the law is insulting, slanderous and wrong.I am a Mortgage Adviser
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Try https://www.entitledto.co.uk to see what benefits you should be claiming.I'm a Forum Ambassador on the housing, mortgages & student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.0
-
It's a horrible road you are on but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Apart from finding out what benefits you are entitled to, a Family Law solicitor/Family Mediation Advisory Service ( you can go and see a Mediation Councellor on your own) may also be beneficial.
Message to Petermb
I have received a formal demand for repayment of my mortgage which I cannot pay so a possession order will commence. What advice would you be able to give?Carrie Cordery0 -
Thank you all for help - I heard that the DSS may help towards the mortgage interest rate because I have been abandoned- does anyone know about this??0
-
Thanks to the links you kind people povided to welfare rights etc I have come across something called the government social fund who provide 'Crisis Loans' these are interest free loans when for whatever reason you are unable to meet your current financial needs, you dont have to be on benefit anyone can apply. This will have to be paid back so I suddenly have a little light at the end of the tunnel. I have downloaded the application form so please keep your fingers crossed for me.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
