We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Virgin Media and their £250 Charges
telfordrocks
Posts: 3 Newbie
in Techie Stuff
Hi...
We cancelled our contract with, as was, Telewest shortly before all the hoo haa happened with Virgin Media but we have been tanlged up in the changover of paperwork etc and I was wondering if the following has happened to anyone else as I have heard that its also effected a couple of other people ion my local area...
We had our modem and set top box including the card and remote collected on the 4th April, we have kept the receipt safe and thought that we wouldn't hear from them again.
After a barrage of letters pleading with us to return I received a letter on the 22nd May demanding £250 out of me for 'outstanding equipment'.
I imediatly rang the 0800 number on the letter but after 30 minutes on hold I began to write an e-mail to the e-mail address on the letter instead. At 37 minutes I hung up and pressed send.
I requested that I receive a reply in writing and as yet have not had anything.
What makes this more of a gripe is they owe me £63 which they over charged my standing order at the last payment...
Has anyone else had this trouble?
We cancelled our contract with, as was, Telewest shortly before all the hoo haa happened with Virgin Media but we have been tanlged up in the changover of paperwork etc and I was wondering if the following has happened to anyone else as I have heard that its also effected a couple of other people ion my local area...
We had our modem and set top box including the card and remote collected on the 4th April, we have kept the receipt safe and thought that we wouldn't hear from them again.
After a barrage of letters pleading with us to return I received a letter on the 22nd May demanding £250 out of me for 'outstanding equipment'.
I imediatly rang the 0800 number on the letter but after 30 minutes on hold I began to write an e-mail to the e-mail address on the letter instead. At 37 minutes I hung up and pressed send.
I requested that I receive a reply in writing and as yet have not had anything.
What makes this more of a gripe is they owe me £63 which they over charged my standing order at the last payment...
Has anyone else had this trouble?
0
Comments
-
Hmmm could be simple computer error wihch would be corrected? 0800 numbers are free so I'd be tempted to either:
1) ring it and hold for as long as needed
2) send a letter recorded delivery and ask for a reply within 14 days (legal requirement)
3) ring trading standards and tell them the situation. As long as you have your receipt thats legal evidence in court so DONT WORRY!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate[/FONT]0 -
Thanks for reply...
I'm not overly worried more anoyed at them and wondering who else has had these problems...
Have already printed the letter for their head office and will be posting it later today, thanks though!
Thanks again for swift reply...0 -
No probs, thats what the Thanks buttons for ^-^
Good luck with sorting it. Remember to send the letter by recorded delivery. If they don't reply in 14 days never think about it again
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate[/FONT]0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards