Worcester Bosch Boilers

Options
I've been getting quotes for new Worcester-Bosch Combi Boilers to replace my old non-condensing combi.

I'm in Nottingham and my house is 2 beds, 1 bath.

WB accredited installer quoted a smidge over £2000 and recommended a 29CDi classic. That includes a chemical flush and a 6 yr WB warranty, He recommended I get a magnaclean filter as well - that's an extra £120.

British Gas recommended a 28i junior as being plenty powerful enough for my little house. They quoted £2600 which includes a fancy remote (iphone controlled) thermostat, chemical flush and a year of homecare. He said that the warranty was 10 years, but I think that depends on me getting homecare that whole time. No mention of magnaclean and I forgot to ask.

As much as I'd like the fancy thermostat, i'm erring on the side of the WB accredited plumber as it's a more powerful boiler and I wouldn't have to get BG Homecare.

I know nothing about plumbing though, so I would very much appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks.

Comments

• Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Charlotte
    I would not entertain the thought of British Gas installing a new boiler. Their overheads and profits are too high, and those moronic television adverts are being funded by people having work undertaken by them.

I did use them for some years to provide maintenance and servicing for a rented house. Shiny vans, corporate clothing, appointments met - all plus points. But technical expertise and genuine advice was woeful. I got the impression one could be a butcher one week, then do a quick British gas training course and be a boiler expert ten days later.

Ask your friends and colleagues for recommendations/names and use a local independent installer.
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    Don't have tunnel vision and think you have to have a Worcester boiler.

They are no better than any other make.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport