We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Please help!! I have no sound coming from my laptop
finallydebtfree!!
Posts: 1,572
Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi guys! hoping someone over here may be able to help me!
Last week due to some problems I had to restore my laptop to factory settings, ever since I have had no sound on my computer! any ideas why or how I can sort it out? prefferably in idiot terms
thanks in advance!
Last week due to some problems I had to restore my laptop to factory settings, ever since I have had no sound on my computer! any ideas why or how I can sort it out? prefferably in idiot terms
thanks in advance!
finally debt free and want to keep it that way!!
0
Comments
-
Hi, alot depends on what system you are running, but it sounds like you need to go to the Microsoft website and look for updates.
If you look for "Tools" (towards top of screen, righthand side in my case) click on that.
Then click on "Windows Update".
Then click on "custom" update. It will take a little while whilst your machine is scanned for necessary updates.
Then click on "hardware" in lefthand column. This should give you the option to install your audio driver. Once this has been done, reboot your machine and sounds should issue forth!!
You will probably have alot of drivers to install which will take time, but this will get your sound back. HTH0 -
if that doesn't work, go to the manufacturers website, and download/install the soundcard driver, and any other that are missing until start, run, devmgmt.msc has no yellow question marks.Ever get the feeling you are wasting your time? :rolleyes:0
-
thanks guys will give that a try!finally debt free and want to keep it that way!!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards