We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Digital camera or video camera?
JoseChungsDoomsday
Posts: 823
Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hey folks
I'm looking to get a new camera as my current one is a 4 megapixel monster and was wondering if I should look into a video camera instead.
I'm looking to make short videos (maybe 4 mins at a time), my current camera does this pretty well but the mic is awful and picks almost nothing up. So do any of you have any recommendations?
Thanks!
I'm looking to get a new camera as my current one is a 4 megapixel monster and was wondering if I should look into a video camera instead.
I'm looking to make short videos (maybe 4 mins at a time), my current camera does this pretty well but the mic is awful and picks almost nothing up. So do any of you have any recommendations?
Thanks!
:santa2:
0
Comments
-
bump! :money::santa2:0
-
If you want to make videos, then get a video camera. I would imagine even the cheapest decent brand video camera is going to produce better videos than any still camera.Charlie0
-
If sound is important then make sure you get a camera with the ability to take an external mic (or mics). And if you want to make videos get a video cameraWe all evolve - get on with it0
-
You can use a video camera as most decent ones allow you to take stills anyway.0
-
This one's hard to get hold of at the moment, and is apparently quite fiddly to use, but gets favourable reviews for image quality when compared with the Sanyo:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0702/07022203canontx1.asp0 -
f1chalie is spot on, buy a video camera for video and a still camera for stills.
There are a few video cams that will take stills but the quality of the ones I looked at about 8 months ago were great for video but still were a waste of time.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards