We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Wireless network
aj71_3
Posts: 98
Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi,
My pc is Dell Dimension 2400 series and I have been using plus net broadband.I am planning to move to Sky boradband.They are offering me free wireless router.
Could anyone tell me how I would know whether my pc is wireless router enabled or not? I am using Microsoft XP and I bought the pc in 2004 (Pentium 4).
Many thanks in advance.
AJ71
My pc is Dell Dimension 2400 series and I have been using plus net broadband.I am planning to move to Sky boradband.They are offering me free wireless router.
Could anyone tell me how I would know whether my pc is wireless router enabled or not? I am using Microsoft XP and I bought the pc in 2004 (Pentium 4).
Many thanks in advance.
AJ71
0
Comments
-
If you don't know if it's wireless enabled (ie has either a wireless pci card or usb adapter) then in all likelihood it isn't (it isn't something usually added unless specifically requested unless it's a laptop) and you'll have to buy a wireless adapter."She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
Moss0 -
i'm on sky broadband and have 3 laptops and a 6 year old desktop computer all running wirelessly, fine. the netgear usb wireless adaptor shown in previous post works fine and you can pick one up for about £20. if sky supply it to you (£25 i believe) they will give tech assistance (for what it's worth) if needed. if you purchase another make or dont get it from them they won't.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
