how do you complain to DFS?

Options
Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I'm after some help, I want to complain about my dfs corner suite. So far I've been passed backwards and forwards, dealing with patronising and rude store manager's, a repair man who has a who thinks he is gods gift. How do I take it to the next stage?

Comments

• Myser
    Myser Posts: 1,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you have had no luck talking to the store managers, then the next step is to contact head office:

http://www.dfs.co.uk/contact-us/
    If my post hasn't helped you, then don't click the 'Thanks' button! ;)
  • confusedkarma
    Options
    thank you, have managed to locate head office's address from your link, shall try there and see if i get any luck from them :)
  • jamie07971
    jamie07971 Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I complained to Head Office and they just passed it back to the store manager. Absolutely useless - and I had a repair person who thought he was gods gift too when in fact he made the sofa even worse!
  • confusedkarma
    Options
    jamie07971 wrote: »
    I complained to Head Office and they just passed it back to the store manager. Absolutely useless - and I had a repair person who thought he was gods gift too when in fact he made the sofa even worse!

could have written that myself!

i've been googling, and it seems that this kind of issue with DFS is pretty common.

anyone know if theres like a furniture ombudsman or something that i can go to if (more like when) i get no help from DFS?
  • bob_a_builder
    bob_a_builder Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 May 2013 at 11:36AM
    Options
    When I had trouble with a 3 piece suite, BHS, the company we bought from sent a chap from FIRA to do an independant report, but since they engaged them there was a chance they would abide by his findindgs - which they did

not so sure about DFS

http://www.fira.co.uk/
    http://www.fira.co.uk/consultancy/expert-witness
  • DFS_representative
    DFS_representative Posts: 34 Organisation Representative
    Options

We are sorry to learn you are unhappy with your furniture and the concerns you have raised have not been resolved.We would love to see if we can help so please contact us on 01302 330365 andask for the Customer Service Department.
    Kind regards
    Customer Service - DFS
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of DFS. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • confusedkarma
    Options

We are sorry to learn you are unhappy with your furniture and the concerns you have raised have not been resolved.We would love to see if we can help so please contact us on 01302 330365 andask for the Customer Service Department.
    Kind regards
    Customer Service - DFS

i have sent a copy of complaint, along with photos to your customer service email and will follow up on the number you have provided in a few days, thank you for your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure