Connect Telecom UK- who are they?

Options
Hello

Has anyone heard of Connect Telecom UK? i noticed on my mums bank statement that a direct dbit had been taken out for a couple of months - around £20 in total, and no-one seems to know what it is for! :confused: She says she hasn't signed up for anything recenty.

They ((parents) sometimes call abroad, but use 18185, and i have a nasty feeling that she has been scammed, but i don't now, how :mad:

I've cancelled the d/d, but any help or advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hello

Has anyone heard of Connect Telecom UK? i noticed on my mums bank statement that a direct dbit had been taken out for a couple of months - around £20 in total, and no-one seems to know what it is for! :confused: She says she hasn't signed up for anything recenty.

They ((parents) sometimes call abroad, but use 18185, and i have a nasty feeling that she has been scammed, but i don't now, how :mad:

Oh dear. I do wish you'd asked before cancelling the DD. Now you may have given your folks a problem.

1899, 18185 and 18866 DD calls show up as 'Connect Telecom' on bank accounts so, clearly, what you saw was their 18185 bill. Now you've cancelled the DD, you may have problems setting it up again.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

Connect Telecom UK, is who bills you for 18185, 1899 and 18866.

I'd get them to go into their account and resubmit the DD. It does mention on the DD form about Connect Telecom UK.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • DonkeyKong77
    DonkeyKong77 Posts: 528 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks folks.......seems like i jumped before looking :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business