We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Computer gone strange.
suffolkb
Posts: 1,299 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I`m not very technical, but I`ll try to explain. Internet explorer seems to have gone - and just about everything to do with windows( according to my neighbour). Since lunch time, it seems to have lost all it`s `history`. i.e, it won`t show me what sites I have visited today (or ever). This is annoying as I never make a note of what I`m looking at, knowing that I can always go back. Hoping that this is not too serious before I call out the village computer guy.
I`ve had to reapply for my MSE password and several others too.
I`ve had to reapply for my MSE password and several others too.
0
Comments
-
Do you share your PC with anyone else or used a clean up programme?
Either someone has delete your cookies and visited sites, as they don't want them showing, or you someone has run cleanup through system tools and deleted these files as house keeping, or even an installed programme (cleaner/anonomiser) has removed them.
Can you use IE now? Is it saving now?
Why not try firefox, it's a much stabler internet programme and far more adaptable. It's here:-
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/0 -
^^ I agree with Bubba... download and install Firefox (very sinple to do) - it whips Internet Explorer in every aspect! Just as simple to use...0
-
Thanks. I am using firefox now. Since the original posting, the computer has `forgotten` what I looked at during the last 45 mins. The only other person using this computer is my daughter and that`s only when she can`t be bothered to go upstairs and use her own. When I try to connect IE or even look at my documents it says connecting and then gives up.0
-
Another option if you want to stick to Internet Explorer depending on your confidence and the operating system is the following:-
Open Control Panel
There is an option to add/remove windows components
Select internet explorer and repair it
Working from memory here as at work....... but will confirm it later.
Don't forget to look up Firefox add in's which make the experience better.
For example super drag and go, colourful tabs and foxmarks
0 -
Actually, your best option is to use the Opera Browser; http://www.opera.com/
It's very user friendly. For instance, if you accidentally close down a page/window, you can retrieve it by pressing Ctrl+Z. Computer crash? When you re-start, Opera will re-open those pages.
Like Firefox, you can easily program it to open all of the pages that you were looking at the last time that you were browsing.
LOTS of other useful functionality.
Try it, you'll like it.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards