🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

ARGHHH! help needed!!

Options
Hi All, my wife recently applied for a barclaycard platinum credit card and was accepted for a balance transfer. When she entered the details online for the card to be paid off she entered the correct card number but put the wrong card provider down (HSBC instead of Creation).
The creation card is still not showing being paid off even though the barclaycard shows the money has left Barclaycard (late Wed evening). We have called barclaycard several times and been told conflictin g information every time.
One said that it wont credit the account and others have said that as long as the account number is corect it should be fine, anyone know what will/is going to happen?
Thanks

Comments

• Eonel
    Eonel Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    To the best of my knowledge, as long as the transfer was to the correct account number it should be fine.

The card provider is built into the credit card number - and this will correctly route the money. ( the first four digits of your card number define the card provider. )

If the transfer was only executed on Weds evening, I would wait until early/mid next week before getting concerned that it will not show up.
  • kieron79
    kieron79 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    That was my understanding too! Barclaycatd have rang back and said it has gone to HSBC! Even though the account t number is correct and can't relate to a HSBC account, apparently we now have to wait 3-4 weeks fir HSBC to return money and do balance transfer again. Grrrrrr!!
  • kieron79
    Options
    PANIC OVER!!! Checked with creation online and cc paid off in full, now I am going to call barclaycard and play hell with them fit all if the misinformation I have been given and for the added stress and costly phone calls!
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    kieron79 wrote: »
    PANIC OVER!!! Checked with creation online and cc paid off in full, now I am going to call barclaycard and play hell with them fit all if the misinformation I have been given and for the added stress and costly phone calls!
    Good move. Wife makes mistake; outcome is successful despite this; have a go at Barclaycard. Welcome to MSE.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • BJV
    BJV Posts: 2,535 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a problem with barclaycard they are nightmares. Fantastic deals but a pain to deal with. Good look making a complaint I tried and it took so long, passed from pillar to post then back again.

Shame that their deals are so good yet they can not train their staff.?
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!:A
  • kieron79
    Options
    Yes was a good move as turns out it was not wife entering incorrect details, was a 'system error' that showed it as HSBC, managed to blag £40 refund. RESULT!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport