We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mixing RAM
x_Wilco_x
Posts: 283 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Quick question... Can I mix DDR 333 (PC 2700) and DDR 400 (PC3200) on the same motherboard? I have 2 modules of PC 2700, 512 RAM already installed and have a stick of PC 3200, 512 RAM I want to stick in in the spare slot.
Motherboard does support both types and can support more than 1.5GB in total but can I mix and match?
Cheers
Motherboard does support both types and can support more than 1.5GB in total but can I mix and match?
Cheers
0
Comments
-
yes you can but the pc 3200 ram will only perform at pc 2700 speed,all mixed ram only performs to the lowest stick intalledIf you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.0
-
Great - Cheers...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards