First go at an SOA, advice welcome

Options
Ok, so here is my first go at an upto date SOA (my old IVA one is now redundant as I don't have my car, and my income will be significantly less, plus I was only allowed £130 for household expenses - no wonder I struggled!!). One little problem is I have no idea what my income will be, almost certainly somewhere between £600 and £800 per month, but as I will be temping, it will vary.

Rent(inc of bills) £330
Household costs £180
Healthcare/optical £15
Travel (bus pass) £30
Haircuts £10
Telephone £25
Emergencies £20

Total £610

I'm sure I must have missed things though - if I could actually live on £610 I wouldn't be struggling so much! Any help is most welcome, thanks.

Comments

• user55
    user55 Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    Gas, electric, food, clothes?
  • rufus79
    rufus79 Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh, forgot clothes (have got so used to just not being able to afford them I guess) what is allowed for that? My gas, electric, water and included in my rent (just a room). Food is in household costs.
  • allofadither
    allofadither Posts: 543 Forumite
    Options
    Rufus, if you don't mind me asking how did you get on the other evening? Hope you're OK.
  • allofadither
    Options
    rufus79 wrote: »
    Oooh, forgot clothes (have got so used to just not being able to afford them I guess) what is allowed for that? My gas, electric, water and included in my rent (just a room). Food is in household costs.

I think the clothing allowance is about £40 for an adult.
  • rufus79
    Options
    Rufus, if you don't mind me asking how did you get on the other evening? Hope you're OK.

I am taking him for dinner on Monday (I have loan of a car, so I can drive him and give him a dribk - lol!!). I'm pretty sure he will be okay, I am going to be honest and tell him the truth and just hope for the best.
  • rufus79
    Options
    Ok, so with £40 for clothes (seems a huge amount!) its a total of £650 so far.
  • allofadither
    Options
    Do you have any contents insurance or life insurance?
  • allofadither
    Options
    What about meals at work?
  • allofadither
    Options
    And laundry/dry cleaning costs...with you only renting a room I wasn't sure if you had access to a washing machine.
  • rufus79
    Options
    I have no insurance. What is acceptable for meals at work? I'm a packed lunch girl, but I occasionally buy a coffee....£10 a month??

Sorry, this all feels so new. Even on my IVA one it doesn't make a lot of sense as the company amended my figures and it was no where near accurate (they put gas and elec down as they said my travel costs were too high even theough it was the actual cost).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure