We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sonic Error???

When I switch on my pc it comes up with a sonic error in common files - I have found this folder and don't know what it is I was going to just delete it but then it gave me a warning about deletinging might effect other programs, :confused: anyone know what this sonic is? :confused:

Many thanks

Comments

  • ABH_3
    ABH_3 Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    When I switch on my pc it comes up with a sonic error in common files -

    What's the error say Exactly!?
    I have found this folder and don't know what it is I was going to just delete it but then it gave me a warning about deletinging might effect other programs, :confused: anyone know what this sonic is? :confused:

    Probably these people: http://www.sonic.com/ as they have 'trial' versions of their software installed on some systems by various manufacturers.

    Before anyone here can even hazzard a guess, you would need to reply with which operating system you are using. As well as what the error says. Take a pen and paper and write it down as precisely as you can and do NOT just delete the 'common files' folder.

    HTH
    It could have been worse. At least source code's not combustible, or you can bet somebody at McAfee would have lit it.
  • thanks will do that this evening when I get home.
  • Little_John
    Little_John Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    I bet the PC is a Dell, it is the sonic update manager the ship with their pc's.

    there is a long winded fix but you dont need it anyway so just use add and remove programs to uninstall the sonic update manager.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.