We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Outlook Trying To Send An Email That Isn't There!
southernscouser
Posts: 33,745
Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I replied to an email that was sent to an old btinternet address and as I'm no longer with them I can't send emails via Outlook, only through their site. Anyways, I deleted the email from the Outbox but it is still trying to send it weeks later, even though it's not there and is driving me crazy.
I've tried removing the account then adding it again but as soon as I do it trys sending it again! :undecided
Is there anything I can do?
I've tried removing the account then adding it again but as soon as I do it trys sending it again! :undecided
Is there anything I can do?
0
Comments
-
southernscouser wrote: »I replied to an email that was sent to an old btinternet address and as I'm no longer with them I can't send emails via Outlook, only through their site. Anyways, I deleted the email from the Outbox but it is still trying to send it weeks later, even though it's not there and is driving me crazy.
I've tried removing the account then adding it again but as soon as I do it trys sending it again! :undecided
Is there anything I can do?
How to troubleshoot e-mail messages that are stuck in your Outbox
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262052
or in OE, Tools\Accounts\Mail Tab, highlight appropriate entry for your old isp. At this point, you can either click the 'delete' button on the right and it will delete the entry associated with your old isp. Though obviously NOT the email stored from that account on your computer.
Or you can click 'Properties' button and Servers tab, then change the smtp details to your current isp. Input the relevant details to your current isp's smtp servers details. This is useful for any 'grace' period that an isp may allow you to contact your contacts and advise them of your new email details. It means you will still be able to collect email from your old account, but not send email directly through their servers. It will be sent via your new isp's servers.
HTHIt could have been worse. At least source code's not combustible, or you can bet somebody at McAfee would have lit it.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards