Has anyone used Stubhub?

swingaloo
swingaloo Posts: 2,649
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
Before I start I want to explain that I am not a ticket tout, I genuinely need to sell 2 Rod Stewart tickets for the Manchester concert.

I am going to the concert with 2 of my sisters, at first just 2 of us were going and we had 2 seats. Then another joined and because we couldn't add a seat next to us I bought 3 more so we could be seated together and thought I would just sell the other 2. I am only wanting to recoup my costs, not make a huge profit.

Yesterday I intended to list them on my Ebay account and found you can no longer sell tickets on there and instead have to use Stubhub.

Looking at it Im very confused!

I have several problems-

My tickets are being delivered by Ticketmaster who say that it can be as late as 5 days before the concert when they arrive. Therefore I wanted to offer next day 'Special Delivery' by Royal Mail. Stubhub says you can only use UPS.

On the selling screen you have to state the date you will have the tickets. How can I do that when I don't have the answer?

The selling price shown on Stubhub does not reflect the price you want to sell at. These are not my figures but just a 'for instance'- if I want to recoup £70 I have to sell at £85 and the buyer will see the advertised price of £95 as they also pay a fee to Stubhub.

Its going to make my tickets look a lot more expensive than they actually are.

Has anyone used Stubhub? It doesn't look very straight forward like Ebay. I wanted to write a description explaining about next day del, tickets not yet in hand etc. As Im going to the concert then I was happy to hand over the tickets at the venue and get paid as I hand them over if time was tight but Stubhub has no facility for any of this.

Any advice on using it please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport