Over the Rainbow and Happy Ever After

Options

Comments

• castlelough
    castlelough Posts: 302 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Meant to add that payday was on Thursday so I have updated my signature to reflect my new outstanding debt balance and am delighted to see the overall figure dipping below €10k! Woohoo! :beer: Very encouraging to see that!
    Credit Card: €6000 ---> €3827.31
    Unicorn Fund: €0/3500
  • castlelough
    edited 3 August 2016 at 10:43AM
    Options
    Children's Allowance came in today, first Tuesday of the month.
    €140. Decided to swiftly send it to the various pots before it gets called on for something else.
    €50 has gone into my daughter's college fund, €75 has gone to the emergency fund for unpaid leave at the end of maternity (hopefully) and €15 I have set aside as part of a €50 mortgage OP for August. Hoping to make a €50 OP in each of the 5 months left in the year so I can match DH's accidental €250 OP.

Packing to go home to my family home for a week now for my sister's wedding. Absolutely detest packing. Was always terrible at it and it is much harder now when I have my 18mo to pack for too and all the additional paraphernalia.
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Babies need soooo much too!

Wishing you an enjoyable time home and at the wedding!

Great job with your money.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • castlelough
    Options
    Thanks Mila!
    My intentions were good but I already think I am going to end up withdrawing some money from the emergency fund. Dinner with the bride and bridesmaids set me (and the other two bridesmaids) back €62 which was more than I was expecting. I have money for the wedding card and the hotel set aside but after that I only have about €35 to last me through the wedding weekend and to payday next Thursday....eek. Looks like the mortgage OP will have to wait. At least there is something in the emergency fund to tide me over if I get stuck I suppose. And after the wedding I will be able to get my head down for a while and behave.
  • castlelough
    Options
    Mila I can't find your debt diary anywhere. Have you a link for it?
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mila I can't find your debt diary anywhere. Have you a link for it?

I don't have a diary. I just roam around and make comments on other people's diaries. :D

We are retired and mortgage free. I'm about to pay off my car loan in three more payments! :j
    We will then put that money toward DH's car loan making principle payments. We will have his paid in Jan 2018... If my calculations are correct. Then we will put both our payments toward our daughter's car and pay that off. We figure if we never see the money as our free to use money, until we have all this paid for, that we won't feel the financial stress. We don't have it now...might as well keep not having it. :o
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • castlelough
    Options
    Well done on your mortgage free status and inspirational goals regarding the car loans. You are very generous to think of paying off your daughter's car loan.
  • castlelough
    Options
    Wedding went off beautifully and was a very fun day!
    Overspent in the lead up to the wedding buying a few extra bits for the happy couple and running errands for them that left me out of pocket. But, they were paying for the hotel rooms of the bridal party so I wouldn't dream of looking for the errands money back.
    Just about have enough money to get me through until Thursday which is payday. Hopefully won't have to dip into the emergency fund.
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wedding went off beautifully and was a very fun day!
    Overspent in the lead up to the wedding buying a few extra bits for the happy couple and running errands for them that left me out of pocket. But, they were paying for the hotel rooms of the bridal party so I wouldn't dream of looking for the errands money back.
    Just about have enough money to get me through until Thursday which is payday. Hopefully won't have to dip into the emergency fund.

Sounds like a great day! Hope you can make it to Thursday without having to dip into the emergency fund!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • castlelough
    Options
    Well payday has come and gone and the debt totals are reduced slightly. So relieved to be home again and getting back to some sort of normality. Have done huge grocery shopping since Thursday and spent almost double my budget (€250) on groceries. I wouldn't mind but the fridge looks fairly bare a week later....and I will need more bread, milk and veg before the weekend. On the bright side very little has gone to waste. Where have we put it all to??? ������
    Glad I am feeling better and appetite has returned though. After a terrible diet during my sickly first trimester (think crisp sandwiches and McDonalds drive-thru) I am trying to make up now with lots of superfoods and good nutrition.
    Budget is a bit busted though and DH has borrowed the €250 that I scraped together towards the gynae so I hope he can give that back to me when he gets paid next week as we are behind in keeping up with paying him. €1000 was due last week. Eek. I have decided not to tell DH about the emergency fund. He is better iff not knowing it is there. I also gave him a good lecture on the value of money, budgetting and saving because God knows he needed it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family