Wholesale Lists? Ebooks? What Other Ways Do People Make Cash

Options
Well i just seen on ebay there full of wholesale lists, can you make decent amount of cash out of any of these or do they just sell these useluss ebooks etc to help out on there ebay costs. Also what other items are being sold to help there ebay and paypal costs?
Charles J

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,337 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not really sure I quite follow your question.

People on ebay only sell things to make a profit. Profits and losses from different items cannot be offset against ebay fees, so a seller wouldn't sell something at a loss to cover ebay fees on a profitable item.

Personally as both a seller and a buyer I wouldn't touch wholesale lists or e books.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • biblejohn
    biblejohn Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    A guy i know simply sells ebooks in order to boost his feedback. He sells them buy-it-now just to cover the ebay fee`s. Apparently its quite common.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,337 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I still don't really understand why someone would want to keep doing it. Once you get to 10 positives or thereabouts you start to look credible as a seller so why continue if you aren't making any money?

A seller with feedback just gained from selling ebooks or lists who suddenly started to sell mobile phones or high end electrical goods would look very suspicious.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • TDIfurby
    TDIfurby Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    I know there is easy (small) money to be made in selling brochures which can normally be picked up for free. About 18 months ago I was in my dealer and saw some small (A5 size) brochures for the new Fabia vRS (up and coming popular "hot hatch") so I took about 20 brochures and got on average around £1 - £1.50 before the first class stamp cost p&p. Don't bother now though, as the car is more popular. Other people still do it though, and it could be other "free literature" too.
    Money saving:
    Buy a Skoda. Laugh at the VWs who paid several grand more
    Its a diesel. 50mpg - laugh at all the petrols
    Its a tuned 260bhp diesel - laugh at them in the rearview mirror as they vanish
    See my 260bhp dyno run video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BvjJjL7Z50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport