"Pounds to Pocket" opinions appreciated

Options
13»

Comments

• Gentoo365
    Gentoo365 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ring your current account bank. Explain that the payment was not authorised and that you do not want it to go though.

They may say that they cannot stop it, but at least you have on file that you gave them advance notice. This could help if you need any fees refunded later.
  • Gentoo365
    Gentoo365 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ---or just take up their offer of a new loan for whatever funds you need. If it is at the same interest rate, and there are no initial fees I guess you would be in the exact same situation as if you had not paid it off.

Basically is there any financial difference between them refunding the payment and reinstating the loan, and them lending you the exact same amount as a new loan?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 May 2013 at 1:09PM
    Options
    debbymcc wrote: »
    Hi Andy
    Thanks, yes I read that on their website so copied complaint to both.

Yet you haven't exhausted the complaints at P2P have you.

Be intereting to see what the response is from FOS, it wont be an instant decision though, so how are you going to deal with the DD's coming out.

You could have asked if you could pay using a CC so I think both were at fault here.

Has it ruined your life, well its debateable if it has. There are 2 options OP, you could take out another loan to cover said DD's or use the CC.
  • Moneysaverchris
    Options
    Not exactly MSE-friendly, but why can you not withdraw cash on the CC and pay it into your bank account to tide you over this month, since this seems to be what you were looking to achieve in the first place?

+1 Problem solved what's the issue!
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    You shouldn't have had to pay for your mum's funeral. This really isn't fair. If there was not enough in her estate to pay for it, then help is available from the local authority. It may not be too late to apply for a grant.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure