anyone else think its time for.....

Options
ebay to allow you to sell adult material. the main reaons i believe this to be true are listed, please feel free to devate as much as you want or call me a perve lol

1) you have to be 18 (in theory) to have an account

2) other auction sites do

3) if you are offended by seeing a picture of a dildo then dont type dildo into the search box lol

4) people already are now and getting away with it for short whiles. this completely undermines the whole idea of feedback if the account gets closed straight away, just to be reopened under a different name.

5) not everyone has the guts to walk into ann summers and buy a large pink multi speed

6) internet prices and shop prices are quite high, why should we not be able to buy things at normal prices on ebay?

7) gone are the days of anyone going in a sex shop having a dodgy tash and sweaty pits, thanks to sex and the city vibrators are fashion accessories!

come on ebay, get with the times!!!

what do you all think?

Comments

• biblejohn
    biblejohn Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    I think there are plenty of other places online where you can buy such stuff anyway. Even Ann Summers has an online store. So, if you are too afraid to go into the shop, you can buy online.

Ive bought online from them in the past, but these days dont have any problems going into my local Ann Summers shop. Quite supprisingly ive noticed that most of the staff in there are young girls who barely look old enough be having sex let alone advising people on the sort of goods they sell!
  • Tojo_Ralph
    Tojo_Ralph Posts: 8,373 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ebay to allow you to sell adult material. the main reaons i believe this to be true are listed, please feel free to devate as much as you want or call me a perve lol

1) you have to be 18 (in theory) to have an account

Exactly..... in theory..... but in reality, EBay is awash with children.
    The MSE Dictionary
    Loophole - A word used to entice people to read clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Rip Off - Clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Terms and Conditions - Otherwise known as a loophole or a rip off.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,337 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not bothered that ebay choose not to have an adult category, as has already been said there are enough places already online where you can buy reasonably priced adult goods.

The only thing I would like clarified is what constitutes 'adult' as ebay are inconsistant in that they will sometimes even pull mainstream 15 rated DVDs on the basis they are adult!

Many years ago I had several listings pulled on the basis they were adult only items, I was actually selling long velvet evening gloves and short net 'goth' style fingerless gloves. I did complain and I eventually got confirmation that the items were pulled in error after a complaint from another user, but it was very annoying. I also even wonder to this day whether I still have a warning on my account so I rarely use that user id now even though it has high positive feedback.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • cosmokramer2004
    Options
    Something I noticed when looking for a DVD called "Vibrator" (honestly guv! :D) on Ebay was the number of sellers who actually sell sex toys/aids regardless of ebay policy. They simply sell under new user ID's and if the auction gets pulled - no big deal, they don't lose anything. If they sell however, they'll be quids in.

So, for the reason of simply categorising it (and of providing an option of whether to include adult categories in searches) and removing it from the "ebay underground" I believe there should be an adult sextion.. doh! section. :cool:

and somehow i completely and utterly missed points 3 and 4 from helenathena ! :o I think it's because I was trying to figure out if devate meant deviate or debate. :p
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, but Ebay is about selling your old unwanted stuff. Would you really want to buy a used vibrator?!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills