IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye - help!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I got a "PCN" from these Parkingeye scum-buckets yesterday. I intend to ignore it - if they do take it further I'm going to ask them to prove who was driving - it wasn't me. I believe that I'm under no legal obligation to furnish them with the name of the driver although the blurb on the back of the notice implies that I should tell them who was driving, If I don't or they can't find who was they can (so they say) pursue me. Let em try.

I am going to write to complain to the DVLA that they have broken Data Protection regulations by giving my name and address. MY understanding is that they can give out details under certain circumstances but that helping a private company seek settlement of invoices stretches credibility a bit.

Am I right?

NOPE you are wrong on both counts including the 'I wasn't driving' idea. Please start your own thread and we don't recommend ignoring Parking Eye; appeal with help on your thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure