Second chance offer?

Options
Ok guys new to this had a question so of course the 1st place I thought of seeking help was here!

I don't quiet understand the whole second chance thing. I have just sold an item, went on to check that the buyer had paid - which he had - and seen a note that this item was ok for second chance.

now does this mean that if the buyer backs out i can sell it to his closest rival or that if I come across another identical item - which I have, I can sell it to him without relisting?

thanks

Comments

• fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep and Yep, I've offered it in the past and taken one up in the past too, they don't get much interest though
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • 1jim
    1jim Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    second chance offer is great, offer it if you are happy with the other perosns lastbid as thats the price you offer it at, no list fees for this but you do pay final value fees. i always offer second chance offers where possible but normally send an email to the person telling them that ebay allows this and its because i have more of the same as some buyers were worried that it was a scam, since i started emailing people the uptake has increased a lot

goodluck
    jim
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,312 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1jim wrote:
    second chance offer is great, offer it if you are happy with the other perosns lastbid as thats the price you offer it at, no list fees for this but you do pay final value fees. i always offer second chance offers where possible but normally send an email to the person telling them that ebay allows this and its because i have more of the same as some buyers were worried that it was a scam, since i started emailing people the uptake has increased a lot

goodluck
    jim

I also do as 1Jim suggests and send an email along with the second chance offer explaining that I am offering them a second identical item.

My take up varies from about 40-75% and saves a lot of listing fees. I especially like it when i have a whole batch of identical things as I can send second chance offers not only to the 2nd highest bidders but the 3rd and so on until they all sell.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure