Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Options

Comments

• dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, new to swagbucks but chipping away at points. Just wondering what peoples tactics on cashing in their points are? The £100 is obviously the best value, than the smaller ones, but do your points expire at all? It will take me a fair while to get there, but i think I'd prefer a big payout at the end, rather than bits of pieces. What do others do? Cash out monthly?

The general consensus is to cash out as soon as possible even though it's not as good value for money. This is in case the site disappears into oblivion and you will lose out. I get Amazon Gift Cards and just keep them in my Amazon account until I want to spend them as they don't expire for a couple of years.

But of course it's personal choice!:)
  • coverjudged
    coverjudged Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    That's what I thought might be the case. Hmm the Amazon route sounds like it could be a good option, I do tend to buy stuff from there (although I shouldn't really when saving) but it is a better value cashout than Paypal as well. Hmm...
  • Genmod55
    Genmod55 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    Just done a DS on loan companies....Wonga in particular.

Took me over 20 mins.... thought Id got to end and then DSQ me!

Just be careful people.

What with that and the tasks not working properly, Im forgetting it for the day.

Did exactly the same to me. :mad::mad:
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you have Swag? If so, enter "IveGotSwag" under the Swag Code Safe Icon by 1pm PDT (4pm EDT) for 7 Swag Bucks!
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    edited 8 May 2013 at 8:20PM
    Options
    There's an offer on the home page for 250sb when you apply for a Rise Card. I'd advise everyone who is thinking of applying to read the charges and the T&Cs very carefully first. Even if there is no balance on the account at the end of the month, you are still charged £3.50 for 'account maintenance' . Depending on the amount that you borrow and the repayments you make, the APR can be as much as 627%. It does say that you can cancel the agreement within 14 days from receipt of the card - whether the swagbucks would be deducted, I don't know - maybe Nick can advise on that aspect. I'm not saying that people should not apply for the card - all I'm saying is think carefully because for 250sb (equivalent of £1.47) you could pay a lot more if you're not careful.

Edit - one member has mentioned that they started to complete the application then thought better of it. Even so, they still continue to receive spam email as a result. The company do pass on your details to third parties and to opt out of it you need to either write to them or phone them
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • footballgirl07
    footballgirl07 Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So, I did a CINT survey around 4ish this afternoon. Just refreshed my total and its been put on my ledger already!

Looks like there doing the manual credit daily then!
    2015 goal from online stuff: £900
    Currently at: £633.05/£900
    2014 goal: £1256.85/£800 Goal reached 29/9!
    2013 goal: £973.30/£500 Goal reached 31/7!
  • dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sulking 31/90 and nothing to do.
    I tried Neobux but they didn't like the standard of my Q&A tasks :(
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    dolphin19 wrote: »
    I'm sulking 31/90 and nothing to do.
    I tried Neobux but they didn't like the standard of my Q&A tasks :(

Have you tried one of the surveys on Payment Wall?
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • osmonddiva
    osmonddiva Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    I joined swagbucks a few days ago and tonight found out i got paid for playing free games......i got 2 SB every second play of a game up to a total of 5 wins then i stopped getting SBs,,, so can anyone tell me was i just lucky or do you get points up to a limit each day for playing the free games?
  • vampire-girl
    vampire-girl Posts: 4,675 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    osmonddiva wrote: »
    I joined swagbucks a few days ago and tonight found out i got paid for playing free games......i got 2 SB every second play of a game up to a total of 5 wins then i stopped getting SBs,,, so can anyone tell me was i just lucky or do you get points up to a limit each day for playing the free games?

Hi and welcome :)
    You can earn a maximum of 10 SB for games each day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family