Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Options

Comments

• dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    paulshorse wrote: »
    I totally agree - sorry but Swagbucks have become too greedy. I think it's now time to walk away :(

Indeed. I don't want to leave my account with a balance though so I will pursue why I can't get SP and the other problems I am having and when I get to 849 sb then it's goodbye from me!
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The irony.

"InstaGC" got me 10SBs.
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I totally agree - sorry but Swagbucks have become too greedy. I think it's now time to walk away :(

I agree with you I think they have made it more difficult to get swagbucks. I joined May 2012 and it was a lot easier when I first joined, used to be able to get a good 20-30SB just on watching videos alone but a lot of them now don't load :(

Ive also found the surveys aren't as great. I regularly got surveys for 300-400+, didn't always qualify but if I didn't I was zoned out almost straight away, not Im finding that I will spend 5-10 minutes on one and think everything is ok, probably do a good 80% then get zoned out, really annoys me. PL surveys are also not as good as they used to be with SB.

I will still go on it most days, I haven't done much since xmas but I will do the basics (Daily survey, videos, search , NOSO etc) and get the odd £5 for xmas but as for spending hours on it, nah forget it
    :money::rotfl::T
  • Lily_The_Legend
    Lily_The_Legend Posts: 16,274 Forumite
    Options
    Just got 10SBs for searching Wimbledon 2013 - hope that helps someone.
  • blondegirl88
    Options
    Hi newbie here. Has anyone else had trouble for the audible trial for 578 via PL not crediting? I have just completed it following all the rules and it hasn't credited and worst of all isn't even showing in the PL transactions list so I can't start a missing sb claim. I'm very cross!

Thanks BG
  • Techn
    Techn Posts: 826 Forumite
    Options
    Yes and the fact that it costs us more for Amazon vouchers compared to the US. I know all about the difference in exchange rates but they are still making money on them. It's interesting that Swagbucks were on track to earn $35 million in revenue in 2012. Is there any wonder when they take so much and give so little back in earnings

while it is sb being greedy they are not alone. most companies do this the the british market simply because the past has shown that they can and we will pay whatever they say. A good example is the recent annoucements of the new games consoles.
    The PS4 was annouced at $399 which is £257. sure the dollars is before tax but if you add 20% its $479 which is £309. Add a few pounds per console for mass shipping and they charge £350. wait what? a £40 increase? But we are crazy enough to pay the extra and not ask questions.

coming up to my one year anniversary of sb and i've got £375 out of them which isnt bad. might be time to move on though.
    Swagbucks since July 2012 - £300 Paypal, £330 Amazon

Neobux since 22nd June 2013 - $3600, 1398 referrals
  • Sugarcandy
    Sugarcandy Posts: 436 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SB can still be useful: I take whatever I can from them and use it to rent refs on Neobux :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Hi Can you tell me how you do this please?
  • Apple_Crumble
    Apple_Crumble Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sugarcandy wrote: »
    Hi Can you tell me how you do this please?

On NB you can rent refs (about 0.20 cents each for a month). I cash out from SB using Paypal and pay for the rented refs. They, in turn, earn me money on Neobux :D
  • footballgirl07
    footballgirl07 Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm guessing we get paid our bonuses from the challenge with the rest of the bonuses on the 5th? Haven't seen it mentioned on fb page?
    2015 goal from online stuff: £900
    Currently at: £633.05/£900
    2014 goal: £1256.85/£800 Goal reached 29/9!
    2013 goal: £973.30/£500 Goal reached 31/7!
  • psychic_teabag
    psychic_teabag Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mark7724 wrote: »
    I thought the daily bonus was 10% of the total required? Target 130 with bonus of 12, today is only my month anniversary on SW so maybe so some limit I'm not aware of but thought I'd ask!

On the facebook page they admit it's a typo and the bonus is actually 13.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure