• tigtag02
    tigtag02 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    its never to late to repent ia ;)
    :heartpuls baby no3 due 16th November :heartpuls
    TEAM YELLOW
    DFD 16/6/10
    "Shut your gob! Or I'll come round your houses and stamp on all your toys" The ONE, the ONLY, the LEGENDARY Gene Hunt :heart2:
  • Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This week there is good news and bad news.

The good news is I spent less than last week when I booked next year's holiday:rolleyes:

The bad news is I've been really really terrible with money. Ok, so none is debt but it is money which should be in savings. Actually I've spent so much I can't remember half of it. I know I've bought a ton of clothes for the kids in the M&S sale, and some stuff for me in various other sales. Plus stuff which I doubt I actually needed but kind of wanted. Oh and I did a bunch of christmas shopping in the amazon sale.

I don't know why I've been like this, I've been saving religiously for the past 5 months, maybe I've been too strict, I don't know. But next week I promise I won't be confessing my sins, there can't be anything left to buy... can there?
    :A
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • SuSu1871
    SuSu1871 Posts: 535 Forumite
    Options
    hypno06 wrote: »
    I bought BRANDED shampoo and conditioner. Didn't use boots vouchers, didn't do BOGOF, didn't have 50% extra free, didn't buy online through quidco. Just bought them BECAUSE I WANTED THEM!

(I do have lovely shiny hair now :D )

LOL!! I bought some Trevor Sorbie shampoo & conditioner today. Mind you, I got a cracking deal on it!! It was on offer in Boots - buy 2 for £7 :eek: but I had a voucher for free conditioner with the shampoo. Don't know how it happened, but when I got the receipt I'd only been charged £2.51 for both of them!!

I also bought some semi-perm hair colour using a half price voucher (£1.38) as I was seriously contemplating getting my hair coloured for summer, but couldn't bring myself to pay £30-odd, or whatever they'd charge.

Was extra DFW at home, though, and had sweet eggy bread for my lunch (mmmmm..... stale bread soaked in sugary eggs....) sounds revolting, but it was lovely :drool:
    £27k (excluding interest) paid off in 29 months
    Finally debt free!
  • PeachPickle
    PeachPickle Posts: 9,924 Forumite
    Options
    Had a really crappy day today, and went on boots.com. Really shouldn't have, cos I spent £42 on stuff I really don't need just because I'd get £16 of advantage card points and the stuff looked pretty. Then I thought ok, I'll make it back with some matched betting, only I didn't read the t&cs properly and realised I'd be going forever. So I broke the first rule and just didn't bother matching it :o Happy ending tho - I was saved by an 85th minute goal and made a £50 profit :o

So I have actually ended up with about £25 profit and lots of stuff. But I feel bad about it! :rotfl: :o
    DFW Nerd #104 I :heartpuls my Kitten :)and my hat :heartpuls
    OD Girls on Tour 08 - Barcelona - HUGE SUCCESS!
    OD Girls on Tour 09 - Dublin - November!!
    If you believe you can achieve innit!
    Sexy beer?
  • itsarichmansworld
    Options
    Forgive me Martin for I have sinned and Frankly I dont care!

Spent a fortune in London on crap had a ace time took my mind of awaiting The call!

Today was My neices communion and we spent a fortune on food drink and her!

Lol Least the DJ at her party was free as he was a family friend as you can tell had a great time!
    Isn't the knowledge that comes from experience more valuable than the knowledge that doesn't?
  • Spendaholic_Chick
    Options
    - I've eaten every piece of cake/chocolate/stodgy stuff that's come within ten feet of me this week

- I've gone back to BT and ordered Sky broadband cos I'm sick of the carpy service from Talk Talk - so my bills will be more than double in future

- I've had pizza, mcdonalds AND fish n chips this weekend

(IS it obvious I have PMT? lol)
    :D GOD BLESS DURAN DURAN :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 293 Proud to be dealing with my debts
    March NSD 5/10 March Make £5 Day £99.28/£155
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Options
    I've spent 4 hours today typing college work, only to find that the printer has run out of cyan, magenta AND yellow ink.

It has a separate black cartridge, that is full, and I only want to print black, but it wont print until I replace all 3 of the colour cartridges :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Options
    Spent a fortune in London on crap had a ace time took my mind of awaiting The call!

Have you had 'the call' yet?
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    Options
    I spent £35.45 on hair stuff from MOP out of my footie winnings....so for those of you who spent about a tenner on hair stuff, you will be behind me in the "I'm-Going-To-Hell-Cos-of-My-Hair" queue....!

I am stuffing my face full of Roses chocolates that my Mum gave me after she won them in a raffle. (She's on a diet.)

By the way LJ, your confessional (once I got past number 2 on the list) cracked me up! You are forgiven....well by me anyway! :D
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family