All Inclusive in Tunisia

Options
Hello all,

We are looking at going to Tunisia next May for our first 'proper' holiday in a very long time! Have picked Tunisia as we want something reasonably priced but beach front - when did Turkey get so expensive???? I worked as a travel agent many years ago when Turkey was just beginning to get popular and it was cheaper than anywhere else!

Does anyone have any recommendations, or places to avoid? Looking at spending £2k maximum for 2 adults and 2 children all inclusive.

I saw on another thread someone advising avoiding First Choice? Are they comparatively expensive now they only offer all inc?

Many thanks!
Started comping 5th Nov '07. Challenge to pay off £600 card balance within 12 months ;)

Winnings so far - none :rotfl:

Comments

• PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Port el Kantenoui (PeK) and Yasmine Hammamet are both purpose built resorts, which make for a relaxing undemanding holiday.

Both are very sanitised versions of Tunisia. If you want to experience some Tunisian town life then PeK is close to Sousse, and Yasmine is close to Hammamet.

Personally, I'd avoid Skanes, which is just south of Sousse.

PeK and Yasmine are both within easy transfer time from Enfidha Airport. There's also a buzz that Monastir Airport might be accepting holiday air traffic again in the near future.

As for hotels, you're probably having a look on the Trip Advisor Tunisia discussion forums. I don't advise a 'cheap' AI, as that's what it'll be, 'cheap'!
  • lookingafterthepennies
    Options
    Thank you for the resort tips!

I have looked around at prices and they seem to start at around £1.5k - hence why I am happy to spend up to £2k so its not 'cheap' ;)

Will get researching on Trip Advisor :)
    Started comping 5th Nov '07. Challenge to pay off £600 card balance within 12 months ;)

Winnings so far - none :rotfl:
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have had no complaints with First Choice, and have booked several holidays with them. Got some good deals, as well.
  • tracy0770
    tracy0770 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    try love holidays you can spread the cost, low deposit with out adding charges, im going tunisa next july with them, these use first choise and tomsons and a lot cheaper, used them many times, no problems
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AI resort holidays aren't my kind of thing but my brother, his wife and two young children (2 and 4) have just got back from the Holiday Village Manar in Hammamet and said it was fantastic and ideal for a family holiday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure