Hacked account

What a day!
Over £4000 sales in less than an hour :T

But for selling something we do not stock! :eek:

A mobile phone had been listed in our shop, the items were selling fast and the money was 'pending' in our paypal account.
Question:- How do the scammers make money, after all the money would be going into our paypal account?

Hopefully everything sorted via paypal and ebay, who i must admit were quite good.
Just got to deal with telephone/ebay messages now from various buyers asking me what has happened to there money and item.(strange that not 1 of them is 'western' or has English as a mother tongue)
Lose is to not win......Loose is not tight......get it right!

Comments

• ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    That is a bit of a strange one, but I expect the language thing is to do with their end of the scam being to advertise the products on foreign language sites. Similar scams have them advertising your actual stock and using hacked eBay accounts to order from you to send to different addresses.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • plumface
    plumface Posts: 506 Forumite
    So, 1 day on and paypal have 'restricted' my account.
    I can receive money but cannot transfer,send or put MY money anywhere else.
    I told them something was happening with my account the moment i realised, they agreed and then they penalise me.I am now getting abusive messages from stupid eastern european buyers asking for there money back.
    Here is a typical question,
    Would it be possible for You to accept my payment? Btw. why do You sell the phone for so cheap? And when can You send it to me? Thank You for eventual answer
    How can you answer that, apart from WHY DO YOU THINK?
    Lets hope it gets sorted soon,otherwise i WILL BE DEAD (so to speak)
    Lose is to not win......Loose is not tight......get it right!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure