UKCPS Parking Charge Notice Fallen on Floor

edited 29 April 2013 at 5:04PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
8 replies 927 views
MDKMDK Forumite
13 Posts
edited 29 April 2013 at 5:04PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi. I have read a few threads on here about parking tickets but they all offer different advice for different circumstances.

I parked today in a private car park near my work, paid my 4 quid and put my hand written ticket on my dash. I got back to my car after work to find a parking ticket on my windscreen and noticed the original £4 ticket had fallen onto the floor.

The parking charge notice says I need to pay £60 in the next 14 days or the fine will increase to £100

So if they made the tickets adhesive they wouldn't fall off

Would they of taken a picture? If not how do they prove it?

I don't believe I should pay the fine as I bought a ticket!

The company is called UKCPS.

Should I first appeal how it says I should on the back of the ticket? or via another method. Has anyone else appealed and won?

Really didn't need this right now. If anyone could help that would be much appreciated

Replies

• Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    E-mail them, and tell them to get stuffed or send you a popla verification code, so that their ridiculous charge can be challenged properly.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • MDKMDK Forumite
    13 Posts
    Half_way wrote: »
    E-mail them, and tell them to get stuffed or send you a popla verification code, so that their ridiculous charge can be challenged properly.

Been reading more and it looks like this company is ran by a cowboy. Might just ignore everything from him??

Thing is I need to find somewhere else to park everyday now haha
  • Steve059Steve059 Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MDK wrote: »
    Been reading more and it looks like this company is ran by a cowboy. <snip>

They all are.
    If you fold it in half, will an Audi A4 fit in a Citroen C5? :)
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been reading more and it looks like this company is ran by a cowboy. Might just ignore everything from him??

If your paying the stated fee, then continue to park.
    As for ignorinig them, going to popla will cost them £27, the decision is binding on them but not on the driver.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve059 wrote: »
    They all are.

Same cow, different boy :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • MDKMDK Forumite
    13 Posts
    Half_way wrote: »
    If your paying the stated fee, then continue to park.
    As for ignorinig them, going to popla will cost them £27, the decision is binding on them but not on the driver.

Don't wanna come back to my car to find it damaged tho. you never know

I will email him tomorrow asking fir a popla vert code??
  • StromaStroma Forumite
    8K Posts
    Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to appeal to them , not just ask for a popla code. Something like this

Name
    Address

Date

Dear scammers

I wish to challenge the fake parking ticket issued on xx/04/2013 with ref number xxxx at xxxx car park. I admit no liability to your company at all. I paid to park, and attached is a copy of my ticket. As there is no loss I expect this invoice to be cancelled immediately.

If you reject the challenge to your invoice I require within 35 days a popla verification code to appeal independently, as set out in the BPA Code of Practice.

This is my final position, and I will not enter into any further communications with you.

Regards

Mr not a mug
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • edited 29 April 2013 at 7:48PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 April 2013 at 7:48PM

You do not have to find another car park; they can't do anything seeing as clamping and towing is now confirmed to be the criminal offence we always knew it was. I still use the 2 car parks where I collected and ignored fake PCNs.

UKCPS have been known to try small claims though - and they are trolls on here too we believe - so I would look to get this chucked out by POPLA, assuming this was in England or Wales where POPLA applies? Not as simple as you'd think though, the wording at that stage isn't as just a normal short email like the planned UKCPS appeal - so come back for help with your draft POPLA appeal then.

And because this was a windscreen PCN, I would WAIT until they send the registered keeper a Notice to Keeper. DO NOT send the appeal yet.

Reason being, the Keeper letter is badly misleading and flawed which will help you at POPLA appeal later. You want a Keeper letter from UKCPS!

See here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4570243

So WAIT, please. Be ready to appeal as the registered keeper and get help again when they reject. Keep all letters (and envelopes if the posting date is clearly later than the date of the Notice, another typical PPC trick).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides