Parcel Monkey and DHL

Kua
Kua Posts: 303 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 29 April 2013 at 6:13PM in Consumer rights
This is a long story, please bear with me:

I sold a hifi on ebay to a chap in Portugal.

I charged him extra for delivery and sent the package via DHL through Parcel Monkey.

The package had taken a long time to arrive and the recipient chased it up. It transpired that it had not been delivered and was on its way back to the UK, even though the address had been correct.

I had left my number on the package, but no-one had called that. Admittedly it did not have the number of the recipient.

So I refunded the recipient in full.

I then went today to chase it up again with Parcel Monkey. It transpires it went out for delivery again and was received!!!

In the meantime the recipient had bought the hifi elsewhere and no longer requires it.

This has been going on for about six weeks. I'm so utterly annoyed. Chasing it up has wasted a lot of my time and I can only communicate with parcel Monkey via email. They and DPD have generally displayed appaling customer service. But the fact they said it was coming back to me and then it was delivered again is the last straw.

What should I do about the situation.

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    So to clarify. You refunded your buyer before you had the item back?

Sorry but this isn't parcelmonkey's fault. You should have waited until it was returned before refunding.
  • Kua
    Kua Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 April 2013 at 5:41PM
    visidigi wrote: »
    So to clarify. You refunded your buyer before you had the item back?

Sorry but this isn't parcelmonkey's fault. You should have waited until it was returned before refunding.

Yes I did. Quite honestly I felt like I was doing the honourable thing. This chap had had to wait for an age and it was clear he wasn't going to get the package. Why should he be out of pocket? It was my full expectation that the package was coming back to me.

I could cry. Its been such a nightmare!

"Dear Matthew,

The parcel has now been returned to the UK, and return charges of £29.03 have been incurred. Should you want this resent to Spain, you will have to pay the said charges and pay again for the goods to be sent on.

Please let us know how you want to proceed.

Kind regards,
    Tessa"
  • MamaMoo_2
    MamaMoo_2 Posts: 2,644 Forumite
    Just an FYI, you may wish to remove personal info like phone numbers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts