Car hit in communal car park

Riyazi
Riyazi Posts: 227 Forumite
edited 30 April 2013 at 3:43PM in Motoring
Sorry - original post was removed as there was too much information being made public.

Summary of the original query was:
A car parked in a communal car park was hit by an unknown driver. No way of finding out who and damage was too minor to claim through insurance. Question was whether the incident should still be reported to police or anyone else.
I have learnt that living life to the fullest gives you a much better high than alcohol or drugs !

Comments

• It certainly wouldn't do any harm to report it to the police. It's unlikely that a claim will be made, but you never know and by reporting it, you will have helped to cover your ar5e.

You should also be reporting it to your insurance company, but for a small, not too expensive ding I know that I wouldn't bother. (as it could well end up increasing your premium if the insurers think that you park in places that put you at a higher risk of making a claim).
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    As has been said, legally you should report it to your insurers irrespective of if you intend to claim or not. Most however wouldnt bother.

Evidently the more people you tell about it, eg the police, the more chance that your insurers will find out about it and if they find out by sources other than you then they may well void your policy for non-disclosure which will cause you problems getting future insurance for the rest of your life
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Doesn't really help other people who come searching with similar problems when the OP deletes the damn post......
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Riyazi
    Strider590 wrote: »
    Doesn't really help other people who come searching with similar problems when the OP deletes the damn post......

Sorry original post contained information which I realised (from reading the above replies) should not be made public. Suggest opening a new thread if you have a similar issue
    I have learnt that living life to the fullest gives you a much better high than alcohol or drugs !
  • Horizon81
    Horizon81 Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Riyazi wrote: »
    Sorry original post contained information which I realised (from reading the above replies) should not be made public. Suggest opening a new thread if you have a similar issue

What a douche bag!
  • Riyazi
    Strider590 wrote: »
    Horizon81 wrote: »
    What a douche bag!

Edited the original post - hope it helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure