BT Price Increases For New Customers From 19/4/2013 !!!

Ypaymore
Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
edited 28 April 2013 at 9:38PM in Phones & TV
"Having last put up prices in January 2013, BT is doing it again for new residential customers from 19th April 2013. All the existing call 'Plans' are being withdrawn from new supply and replaced by new 'Calls' plans. These will be added to the next site update.
So 'Unlimited Weekend Plan' is now 'Unlimited Weekend Calls' at same line rental, but inland calls up to 9p/min with 15p call set-up (from 8.41p and 13.87p), UK mobile all now 12p/min (from 11.3p). 'Unlimited Weekend and Evening Calls' rental down to £2/month (from £3.30) but paid call prices up per previously. 'Unlimited Anytime Calls' rental up to £7/month (from £5.15) but is now effectively the old 'Unlimited Anytime Plan Plus' that was £8/month and has UK mobile calls at 6p/min. So there is a saving if calling UK mobiles for more than 30 minutes a month. Minimum 12 month contract. No changes to line rental or international calls. As far as I understand, existing customers will need to change plans to get the new prices, if they are a saving."

http://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/tcomhist.htm

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The article refers to many operators, how is that BT when it is ofcoms doing?
  • Ypaymore
    DUTR wrote: »
    The article refers to many operators, how is that BT when it is ofcoms doing?

Before jumping in try reading it again. (I have quoted it.) The bit about Ofcom has got nowt to do with the BT price increase has it.
  • Ypaymore
    BT promised to hold certain prices for existing customers until 2014 see here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35832/~/price-changes-from-5-january-2013 but not new customers.
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    RUNTS

I removed the Anytime plan @ £5.15 as didn't need it, BUT if I add it again it'll be £7

Why has this been kept so quiet? (Bigger news with the Jan 2013 rise!)

Only noticed the change when checking something else on the BT site and TFT would see if on MSE.
  • Well, somebody has got to pay for the 'free' BT Sports lol.
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    I_luv_cats wrote: »
    RUNTS

I removed the Anytime plan @ £5.15 as didn't need it, BUT if I add it again it'll be £7

Why has this been kept so quiet? (Bigger news with the Jan 2013 rise!)

Only noticed the change when checking something else on the BT site and TFT would see if on MSE.

It's OK, by your own admission you don't need it! :)
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    they've scrapped the 1p eve call rates for newbies so if you are not aware you are going to get stung!
  • bullshot
    bullshot Posts: 4,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    BT removed my Anytime Plan without telling me when I upgraded my Broadband, I made calls on Friday , daytime, and saw I had been charged for them on my 'bill preview' when I was checking my account this morning to make sure that I was not being charged for any calls using the SmartTalk app....was furious at this as it was never discussed when I requested unlimited Broadband, Anytime was just removed, not even an email notification of changes so I would know straight away what they had done, got one this morning when it as put back on!! Have complained and requested they listen to the phone call as I know it was mis-selling, but told I'm in a new verbal contract and cannot get out of it.But my point is I agreed an increase in Broadband charges and not removal of Anytime, so they broke the contract.But as gesture of goodwill they will refund the difference between the old rate of £5.15 and the new one of £7 for 12 months,(which is what it would now cost to re-add it ) in one lump sum on my next bill !!!!Was also told they cannot refund the charge for calls made by me in good faith , thinking I was still on their Anytime plan, until next month .....got a call this afternoon from BT informing me that the refund had been applied for the difference ( £20.20) and the refund of the calls and they will appear next month....and as a way of an apology after hearing how I had been treated, £20 for any upset.....I emailed their CEO and got this very short reply.....

I am sorry that you have had a problem. I assume it is now resolved.

Ian

How rude!!!
    I had addressed him as 'Dear Sir' ....no title used in response even though I added my full name when I signed the email.
    Got to wait 12 months now before I can switch.....
  • evenasus
    evenasus Posts: 11,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ypaymore wrote: »
    'Unlimited Anytime Calls' rental up to £7/month (from £5.15)

I've just found this out today, as I had cause to log on to the BT website.

How on earth can they justify a 36% increase? :mad:

I'll be going back to good old 18185 when my renewal is due.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well I hope they're not increasing my £3 'Special Low Price Anytime Plan'. BT's website is such a convoluted mess, I doubt I'd be able to find out anyway.
    Stompa
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport