help with pleco fish please

Options
hi, i wondered if anyone could help at all, we have just bought a new bigger tank, we transferred our fish into the new one but since we moved them yesterday, our pleco has been very still, and i've just noticed he is getting discoloured, do you think it could be the shock of moving him, and could anyone give any suggestions as to what to do with him, we've had him for ages and he was tiny and now hes about 8 inches long and would be gutted if he died, thanks in advance :beer:
wins so far:- absolutely nothing, not even an arguement:mad:

Comments

• stsarina
    stsarina Posts: 263 Forumite
    Options
    Is the water in the new tank the same temperature and pH? Also, did you transfer the filter from the old tank to the new one?

Has he got a few familiar hidey holes to retreat to if he feels stressed?

Fingers crossed for you he settles soon, we have 2 golden bristlenose plecos and my DH is oddly attached to them too :D
    Team Pink! Baby girl due 25/5/14
  • carla40
    carla40 Posts: 1,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for you're reply, the water is the same temperature, its a different filter but we bought the new tank from a friend so the tank is well established, there are familiar things around him, but within the last hour he seems to be perking up, and his colour is getting back to normal, hopefully he is settling in :beer:
  • stsarina
    stsarina Posts: 263 Forumite
    Options
    Hope so! Maybe pop in some blanched veg as a little treat for him next time the lights go off, but it sounds like he was just having a little sulk over the change :)
    Team Pink! Baby girl due 25/5/14
  • carla40
    carla40 Posts: 1,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i didn't know they liked that, thanks so much for you're help :beer:
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Nothing to add advice wise but just saying I love Plecs, I was gutted when mine died! Odd little creatures...
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport