🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Questions about Amex Nectar card

Options
Hello,

I'd appreciate any feedback anyone can give me about this, I don't want to call them until I have all the facts or if it's something too trivial. It's nothing major but I want to make sure I have things right, I seem to have mislaid a welcome pack, which is making me tear my hair out and as I can see from posts on the subject here, a version of the card with new T&Cs has come out now so I can't find the right details online.

I have a new Amex nectar card. I applied about 10 days ago and it came last week. I have used it twice, on Sunday 20th and Monday 21st April, both times at Sainsbury's.

So far, in my statement online, only the payment from the 21st is showing up and no nectar points at all are recorded. Is this normal for such early days, should I leave it a week or so and then enquire about the payment/points not showing up on there? Am I being a bit previous in questioning this?

Thanks to anyone who can help and apologies for being a bit of a numpty x

Comments

• reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    I'll try and clear a few things up for you regarding the points and payment.

It will take a few days for transactions to show up (Although you can see them in pending transactions), it then takes another few days for the points to show up on the Amex site. The points are then transferred over to your nectar card account about 5 days before your statement date.
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for explaining that so simply and fully, I really appreciate it.
  • kinh
    kinh Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    It can take up to 28 days
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you, good to know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories