vacs for life?

Options
Has anyone taken out this offer?
My local vets4pets have this offer but I was just wondering of any downsides, my cat is just over one, so his 1st boosters are coming up, nothing wrong with him that I know of so hopefully he will be with us for a long time. I would generally use another vets as vets4pets seem to me to be more of a business than a local friendly vets iyswim but if I can save a lot of money doing this it may be worth it.
I did wonder what would happen if the vets went out of business, obviously travelling to another branch would prob not be worth it if there is another still open obviously!
Any thoughts?
:hello: Hiya, I'm single mom, avid moneysaver and freecycler, sometimes :huh: but definatly :D

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    chocdonuty wrote: »
    Has anyone taken out this offer?
    My local vets4pets have this offer but I was just wondering of any downsides, my cat is just over one, so his 1st boosters are coming up, nothing wrong with him that I know of so hopefully he will be with us for a long time. I would generally use another vets as vets4pets seem to me to be more of a business than a local friendly vets iyswim but if I can save a lot of money doing this it may be worth it.
    I did wonder what would happen if the vets went out of business, obviously travelling to another branch would prob not be worth it if there is another still open obviously!
    Any thoughts?

Pay by credit card? :P
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • OnAndUp
    OnAndUp Posts: 981 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have it I reckon its a no brainer for a young dog / cat as long as you get at least 4 boosters on it I figure it pays for itself and after that your quids in so if they were to go bust after that time (which I cant see happening?) you would not have lost anything.

Our local one are great although I only use them for that and go to another vet for anything else.
    "Things can only get better.................c/o D:Ream #The 90's :D"
  • GoldenShadow
    Options
    Nah I wont pay for it. Mine don't get boosters annually only the three yearly ones.

My vets say how its about having an annual check up too, but my dogs are there so often they don't need an annual check up! Don't know as much with cats but dogs don't need to be vaccinated with everything every year, one of the big manufacturers only recommends DHP every three years, with just Pi and L yearly but I don't and wont vaccinate for the latter two anyway.

Its not worth it for me, I don't like the marketing behind it. I'd rather pay more money and be confident the vets aren't being unethical because its my choice and not a scheme.
  • *onlyme*
    *onlyme* Posts: 947 Forumite
    Options
    I seem to recall hearing something a few days ago about Pets at Home buying Vets4Pets... so if vets4pets changed names / different company does that affect this offer..might be worth reading the small print.

just found a link http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/apr/09/pets-at-home-buys-vets4pets
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure