item not received,can i do paypal chargeback?

Options
I bought a PS2 game on ebay on 25th march.Seller emailed to say it would be posted on 31st march.Several days later it has not arrived so I contact the seller who says he will contact royal mail.He notifies me of the terms stated on their website,so I presume he has a tracking/reference no. They tell him they cannot start to trace till after 15days.I assume by this time it is lost.As I paid by paypal,can I apply for a refund? and if so,how do I go about this and what is my time limit.Help and advice appreciated..

Comments

• stavros_2
    stavros_2 Posts: 772 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would suggest you file a claim now. You can do this by logging into your paypal account and going to the "resolution centre"
  • nalibz
    nalibz Posts: 2,724 Forumite
    Options
    titewad wrote:
    I bought a PS2 game on ebay on 25th march.Seller emailed to say it would be posted on 31st march.Several days later it has not arrived so I contact the seller who says he will contact royal mail.He notifies me of the terms stated on their website,so I presume he has a tracking/reference no. They tell him they cannot start to trace till after 15days.I assume by this time it is lost.As I paid by paypal,can I apply for a refund? and if so,how do I go about this and what is my time limit.Help and advice appreciated..

i believe you have 30 days to file a claim. If i were you just file it, as the seller might just be bullshi**ing and you can always stop the process if you need to.

Hope this helps,

nalibz
  • Cat72
    Cat72 Posts: 2,398 Forumite
    Options
    This explains the process a bit plus you can make your claim by clicking " OPEN AN ITEM NOT RECIEVED PROCESS" in step 1.
    It automatically puts you through to the paypal section if thats how you have paid-
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

It can take a while, I have only had one claim and it is in its third week. The seller will need to send proof of posting details to paypal. You put your complaint in, buyer responds, you are then meant to respond and then paypal reviews.However with such a big purchase definately put a claim in.Your seller might even just decided to settle rather than be faced with a chargeback. But only maybe !
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,312 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cat72 wrote:
    This explains the process a bit plus you can make your claim by clicking " OPEN AN ITEM NOT RECIEVED PROCESS" in step 1.
    It automatically puts you through to the paypal section if thats how you have paid-
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

It can take a while, I have only had one claim and it is in its third week. The seller will need to send proof of posting details to paypal. You put your complaint in, buyer responds, you are then meant to respond and then paypal reviews.However with such a big purchase definately put a claim in.Your seller might even just decided to settle rather than be faced with a chargeback. But only maybe !

The link is very useful, thank you. However it is not sufficient for the seller to prove postage, the seller has to prove delivery by showing an online tracking number that shows delivery. If the seller cannot prove delivery then paypal will always find for the buyer.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure