Official Reciever Questions

Options
Hello

About to take bankruptcy petition to court this week and just want to clarify if the official receiver will want to see my bank statements ? If so going how far back ?

Obviously if so then I may need to order from bank as only keep 3-4 months.

Also does anyone know what the questionnaire contains or maybe have a draft copy just to have a look at ?

Thanks

Comments

• luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    It can be either 1 or 2 years bank statements mine was 2 yr and 1 yr credit card statements. which was clear so I closed it myself
  • rossireps
    rossireps Posts: 721 Forumite
    Options
    mine was 12 months but i never had them. so gave what i had and pesumed they would ask bank if they wanted more
    James tucker
    Flight 705 My hero :)
  • crazy79lee
    Options
    I'm not gonna ask for loads as I bank with Halifax and they gonna close my account anyways so not lining their pockets my paying for extra statements.
  • cryptokit
    cryptokit Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

A subject access request to your bank should allow you to get all your statements going back a good number of years for no more than £10. There will be form letters available you can adapt.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I provided the receiver with no statements... didn't have them! They wasn't fussed. Don't bother wasting money on them, if they want them they'll just requested them themselves. The accounts won't be closed though, they will be frozen and now belong to the receiver. Only when you are discharged & the receiver no longer has an interest in them are the accounts usually closed.
  • rossireps
    rossireps Posts: 721 Forumite
    Options
    crazy79lee wrote: »
    I'm not gonna ask for loads as I bank with Halifax and they gonna close my account anyways so not lining their pockets my paying for extra statements.
    dont blame you!
    halifax closed my account quicker than i could say br.
    James tucker
    Flight 705 My hero :)
  • Rylynn
    Rylynn Posts: 1,387 Forumite
    Options
    I do not remember my OR ever asking for bank statements. In fact I do not remember him ever asking for anything other than the details on my car, which he ended up allowing me to keep anyway.
    Some Days are Diamonds Some Days are Stones,
    Sometimes the hard times won't leave me
    BSC 162:beer:
    Banktupt 22 Oct 2008 at 10am!
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I think there have been quite a lot of changes in recent years, but as said the O.R can request what they need from the bank altho I had to order last 12 months m and s credit card statements and everyone came in a separate envelope!!
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    No point paying to get them. Just give your OR what you have if they request them. If they want a wider date range then the OR can go to the bank themselves.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Options
    I went BR nearly 4 years ago and was asked for 12 months statements, like others I gave them what I had and they got the rest themselves.
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills