Everyone Looking Into Trolley Excitement

Options

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    David. wrote: »
    Why the fire pit DM
    Dont know, I just think it would be more fun to play with :eek::D
    I do enjoy my huge metal chiminea though. I had a clay one, and it just wasnt as much fun, and it cracked in the winter.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Classy_Chick06
    Classy_Chick06 Posts: 4,195 Forumite
    Options
    ruxpin wrote: »
    hi guys,

not caught up yet but have you seen the free doritos dips thread on grabbit??

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4549723

Too late now as shops closed and i doubt very much that this will work tomorrow as they are £1 each from tomorrow
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    Too late now as shops closed and i doubt very much that this will work tomorrow as they are £1 each from tomorrow

The scottish folks should manage to get some, hopefully ;)
  • Naebbirac
    Naebbirac Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    David. wrote: »
    :rotfl: I don't think they would stop though a bit of blood lust going on :eek:
    Ladies lusting after you now eh dotty:eek:;):D
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 9 516 target £250

2 years 'fag free' :j:D
  • ruxpin
    ruxpin Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Oh that's a shame, unless it works in Express stores. I can't go out tonight anyway cause OH has gone to Donegal with uni for a week so no-one to watch the LO's while I go glitch hunting!
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 April 2013 at 11:11PM
    Options
    dawnylou wrote: »
    What I don't get with the gammon is that if you shop via A select the gammon and it comes up with a list of other shops and how much they are there - and this is the info I based my shop on....if there is a weight difference it shouldnt compare on MyS (in my opinion) as it leads to confusion, it should be listed as a desperate item?

However I wasn't aware if the % thing so thanks for that :-)

That's what I thought about Old El Paso....I do like their stuff so think I'll have a more in depth look at that after my nap!
    I'm so excited that I may have picked up on something! :D

Hope this also helps someone else!

Apologies again for the delayed reply.
    When I am compiling my shopping, I do so online on MSM (the only way to do it really as otherwise it would be very difficult to have supermarket websites open and comparing them all). I start off at the competitor that I am doing my shop against, and add their best offers plus ones in my saved lists (Avs T, Avs S, Svs A etc.) - my saved lists invariably get out of date and I keep moving things away and onto other lists or price alert.

It used to be the case, that when you put into your basket, when logged in, an item (let's keep it simple and say it was a branded item, the exact same product, variety and size) on one supermarket that it was cheapest at, the same item would be in your basket when you switched stores.

Now (and this started perhaps a year ago) the system, when you switch stores, changes that item to a cheaper variety available in the new store - good for those just shopping straight at stores and comparing, but, for those do price comps from one store to the next, which actually works out, I think, more savvy than MSM, you'll need to find the original item, more expensively, in the new store and put that into the basket instead (removing the replacement MSM has put in).

Where items are own-brand, or the stores have the same brand but a different size, for example, the sizes of own brand items, particularly fresh meat, vary so much that a different size of the other store's product (than your first store) will go into the basket at that other store. MSM may put two or three in, to meet approximately the size/weight you were proposing buying at the original store. Or sometimes they may be no equivalent item available in the competitor at all. In which case MSM will put the Sains. item into the A5da basket, for example, but it will be greyed out "unavailable" when you switch to A5da, but the basket price has added the Sains. price of its product.

Also, loose fruit and veg. doesn't always show up on the product comparison details themselves. These come in different weights - and MSM, e.g. for bananas, seems to think A is 100g and insists T is 180g (and total prices calculated accordingly). On A, for the loose banana, you'll see N/A for T - but T do have loose bananas - you'll need to flip over to the T side of MSM and search for bananas to check their price (price per kg) as these will compare Avs T on the APG (they won't compare Avs S as S is fairtrade bananas and hence non-comparable, although T itself compares its bananas, on its PP, against both A and S (and M anyone?) - T's T&Cs say to the effect "every attempt is made to find a matching product" and thus seems to use a wider definition of comparable - comparing Wh/ml Bread to A's Brown Bread, and Low Fat Value Yogs to A's version, even though not the same variety of fruits, these do not compare (rightly in my view) on MSM/APG.

For example, Loose S/price apples at A may be £1.20? per kg at the moment. They do compare to Sains's basics apples though (the loose ones) - that's if my SAs ever key in the right type of apples:mad::mad: - so look for Basics Apples on the Sains side of MSM and if the price is 100p/kg, I'd add them to your A basket (if doing vs Sains) if you need them and depending on your taste/preference etc.
  • frequent
    frequent Posts: 4,938 Forumite
    Options
    FloFlo wrote: »
    Problem is most parents don't want to hear anything 'negative' about their little darlings. I am too honest for my own good, I would rather nip unwanted behaviour in the bud so that it doesn't become a bigger problem. But it is almost always the 'school's / teacher's fault' and completely out of character for their little angel.

And to be honest I can't take much of a beating this parents evening so may just nod and say wow lovely kid.

I have no problem teaching kids, even nawty tykes - its the parents that get in the way.:D

A thankless job, just as well good holiday pay,sick and pension rights :p

TBH personally think it is a lack of discipline from both home, and the school's strict regs, i'm in favor of retired ex military types being given the job of instilling it.
    I loved my freelander but had all the serious things go wrong, rear differentials and viscose coupling. When differentials went second time I had to get shot. Was petrol but didn't do many miles.
    Mine was an 03 plate and design had serious failings. Used to live on a game reserve out in the siticks so was the perfect vehicle.
    Been gone nearly 4 years and must say I do miss it as was a real fun factor to drive and loved the boot window open in summer.

I have a prius now which I have had from new. Not done enough miles to really benefit from the hybrid in terms of fuel costs v cost of car but I do love being able to visit kids 150 miles away and come home with just under half a tank of fuel left where as freelander would have to be filled about 50 miles from home.

I have to order a new car within the next 2 months as can't extend lease any longer. My trouble is I find the prius comfy to drive and plenty of room but really want somehing more fun.
    I love the honda hybrid sports car but only comes in manual and I need automatic.
    I am at a loss as to what car to have next.
    Bought prius as freelander was limping and needed car quickly and prius was only auto I could get without 4 month wait.

Any suggestions would be looked into with interest. Don't like the auris as battery in boot means the boot is not flat so unable to carry wheelchair on the rare occasions it is needed.
    Budget is motability plus about 5k. Strangley enough no hybrid or electric cars on motablity list anymore.

The want side of me craves a twin top as never had one but the practical side loves the hybrid as can always afford fuel to drive to see kids.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Sorry for long post but noticed frequent and DM talking cars.
    V x

All the above problems with freelander 1 and 2nd model are well noted and have cost people alot of money, often wondered why a class action was not taken against landrover.

Freelander 2 is a completely different beast.

Forget your eco box's and namby pamby hybrids, you want a 3.2 litre v6 that does 15 miles to gallon if your lucky, save money on everything else, enjoy spending more money on other things, 0 to 60 in less than 9 seconds in a 4 wheel drive is one of them :D
    Naebbirac wrote: »
    Think yourself lucky dotty, frequent gets bashed with a saucepan.:rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl: mrs f still hasn't worked out why we have a 3 to 1 lid v saucepan ratio :rotfl:

SB, the SM's want you to go in, pay top price, leave, making them zillions of £'s end of.

Simple math.

250,000 customers.

25 tills.

1 C/S, and no it doesn't matter how long you have to wait, because your time is invalid and staff are by the hour.
    Back to square one, no apg, no comment.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 April 2013 at 7:18PM
    Options
    Forgot to add (unbelievably, to my long post) that, regarding meat sizes, for example even if there's a competitor price, you'll need to check the weight of the competitor product to see it is within 10% weight range (this was the joke behind my "remember" thing - as I think very few people are aware of this (MSM up to half or twice the size, but APG up to 10% weight range)). The number of comparable meats (on the APG) might be less than you would think - although I have saved in a separate area a couple of products in A's 3 for £10 that are both within 10% of Sains. equivalents, to go to in the event of any m'buy glitch. (A did, at one time, have a list of all comparable meats as a resource on their website, but sadly it was taken down some time ago.)

However, weight sizes change. For instance I had 4 pk Chicken Breast Fillets as comparable Avs M, which worked out v. good. However, M now have a different weight of their product and it is no longer comparable. Occasionally, I'll now buy the equivalent in M (but paying, in effect, 10% more than I was before:mad:) or other items may go in and out of my lists, depending on price changes and multibuy options/glitches etc.

(Of course, those shopping at T use whoopsies/DTDs.)

We also had the S'price Turkey Steaks which appear to be very close in size to M's version (and, I think, at one stage they did compare Avs T, until both A & T became too expensive for me). However, the M version is fixed weight, always the same weight, whereas A5da's varies (albeit close range) and fixed weight does not compare to variable weight and vice versa. Same is said to be true of T's PP, but sometimes "every effort to find a matching item" you'll find their Pork Steaks compare to M even if weight you bought was quite a lot different. M has been around £3.20/kg on those again, but not considered that good now, given they (M) were previously £2.50/kg earlier in the year - and compared very very favourably from T (at least, outside Northern Ireland which doesn't have M's to compare to)!!
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    today's whoopsies was £8 I paid 80p :T:T

image_zpsbadfaea1.jpg
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've been on lockdown most of the day, I'd got my ou dates mixed up and there were 2 assessments due tomorrow and not one like I thought, so I have been sorting that out, all done now though

Just had slow roasted beef with garlic mushrooms that I got with my mega whoopsy haul in Asda a few weeks ago, very nice but 10p is about the right price, I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it

I had an email from the hotel we are going to in Crete in 13 days time, they said it was 32 degrees there today :j long may it last :j :j :j
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport