Everyone Looking Into Trolley Excitement

Options

Comments

• David.
    David. Posts: 24,086 Forumite
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Definitely a fire pit!! (or a large cast iron chiminea, heavier the better, but not a clay one.)
    Why the fire pit DM
    When The Fun Stops Stop ;)
  • artha
    artha Posts: 5,254 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,,
    Back from the windswept, rain lashed moors of Nidderdale...the things I go through in the name of pleasure:cool:....but Patty knows all about that;):rotfl:

Off to do a bit of catching up and some tea:)
    Awaiting a new sig
  • David.
    David. Posts: 24,086 Forumite
    Options
    artha wrote: »
    Evening all,,
    Back from the windswept, rain lashed moors of Nidderdale...the things I go through in the name of pleasure:cool:....but Patty knows all about that;):rotfl:

Off to do a bit of catching up and some tea:)
    :eek: artha :eek:
    When The Fun Stops Stop ;)
  • madmuppet5
    madmuppet5 Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    Options
    Mr.3dogs team got a spectacular win today then :A
    Should please a few on here :beer:
    AKA; Mad, MM, MM5, Madicles :cool: ©
    Shin: Device for finding furniture in the dark :p©
    Elite 11+ fundraising total for Make-a-Wish £682 :j:A
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    frequent wrote: »
    This is going to be unpopular.

Rose, the CEO doesn't give a flying f..eck about your pp,apg or bm voucher, nor whether it compared v anyone, he/she has bigger fish to fry.

TBH Rose, I think you have let greed take over sense.

Just catching up (I now time has now passed on this). Didn't he say, some time ago, he thought there were "too many vouchers in the marketplace"? In my opinion, and only that, shows they really don't want to be matching prices and giving vouchers for the difference at all - I think only doing it so people don't go to the cheaper store and increase from 1 to 8 to 10 items (along with caps at reduced amounts), to me, indicates that.
  • madmuppet5
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    On news Newcastle fans in running battles with police on horseback after their defeat.
    Oh no :eek: Sorry posted before I saw yours :(
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    On news Newcastle fans in running battles with police on horseback after their defeat.

Ive just been watching :eek::eek:
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    As predicted, my whoopsie run came to nought (so that's what I was talking about:rotfl:) - needed some w/ml bread - went to one of the majors - the only whoops bread they had was w/ml (good start) but, hanging around, before closing time, at 34p. No way - I'd rather pay full price:eek: at the shop next door, than pay for your whoops bread where you are only going down to 34 pence. So they'll either have to reduce it more or not sell it and throw it away - I doubt they care though! Their loss.

Went to Lidl (next door) and saw wholemeal bread at 50p (normal type of price, but available elsewhere at 47p - clearly not worth travelling though for that) - at least it'll last and there's no room in our freezer - but this person always makes a 'saving' - took the bread to the till and SA scanned it & it came up at 47p after all! I'll just have to pretend that my 37p womble gave me the rest.

Whilst in L, I've picked up their offers leaflet and just been going through. Lots of offers (that's why it's called an 'offers leaflet'!:rotfl:) but almost all of them cheaper via Sada vs one rival or another (note: not in Sada's own right). L have Mullers at 'better than half price' (30p, not 2p glitch then?). Uncle B's Express Rices at 99p:eek: each (made me laugh:rotfl::rotfl:). All just 'usual' offer prices roughly the same as anywhere else ever goes down to.

And - wow! - cucumbers - "Save 36%"!!!! 50p each - now cheaper! Crossed out price 79p, but I think they were on flash offer for two days at 39p each (the weekend before they were 79p for a week). 39p to 50p - doesn't sound like a saving to me! Avs M's 49p for about 44p (still too much!) (sorry, not N.Ireland).

The only couple of items (I could be wrong) that seem good value in the L leaflet are some Hazelmeade Farm 8 Fresh Sausages - Cumberland, Lincolnshire or Pork, 1lb in old money, 454g which will go on "Half price offer!" 74p (better than Avs M's £1 on their 454g own brand) next weekend. Okay, you can get Value/Savers Sausages elsewhere at 50 odd pence for the same pack size, but they don't look very good sausages to me!

The other item is some Scottish Oatcakes in Lidl at 59p (300g), but I'm sure no-one really needs those!

Savvy,have you ever costed out your time spent on shopping e.t.c.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    madmuppet5 wrote: »
    Mr.3dogs team got a spectacular win today then :A
    Should please a few on here :beer:

I always think of mr3Dogs when i see Sunderland score. :A

Wonder what he would have thought about new manager ?

:mad: At moment doing Missing Links puzzle and i cant get last 3 :(
  • madmuppet5
    Options
    I always think of mr3Dogs when i see Sunderland score. :A

Wonder what he would have thought about new manager ?
    Me too :A Mr. 3dogs is the real manager :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business