Direct Line Pet Insurance

I've just claimed against my pet insurance with Direct Line and they charged me my excess three times over for 'lumps', 'Cysts' and 'Lipomas'. The dog had one operation and one anaesthetic! Is this fair do you think? I've written to Direct Line and am waiting for a reply! I'll keep you posted.

Comments

• Penny_Watcher
    Penny_Watcher Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    That's not good :( I thought a lipoma could be described as a lump/cyst :confused:

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
  • TASHMA
    TASHMA Posts: 63 Forumite
    Hi there, I'm with Direct Line too. I would've thought that you get charged per operation. Would be interested to know your outcome as it might make me change my insurance. I had a dog that had a lump removed off her leg and only paid one excess although it was only one lump. Hope your pooch is ok!
  • louidog
    louidog Posts: 517 Forumite
    Yep my dog had one lump removed so only paid the one excess BUT they have put the monthly charge up to £21 a month (from £16) now it's time to renew it!

How long did you all wait to be paid out? I waited 11 weeks for my £622 to be paid :eek:
    My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
    -Erma Bombeck-
    ~ Member of the MSE Celebdaq Minileague ~
  • Eels100
    Eels100 Posts: 984 Forumite
    inertmale wrote: »
    I've just claimed against my pet insurance with Direct Line and they charged me my excess three times over for 'lumps', 'Cysts' and 'Lipomas'. The dog had one operation and one anaesthetic! Is this fair do you think? I've written to Direct Line and am waiting for a reply! I'll keep you posted.

The excess applies to the condition, not the procedure. So although I agree that they're being a bit tight, this will be within the T&Cs of the policy. I am confused at the bit where they've charged a separate excess for lumps, because both cysts and lipomas can be classed as 'lumps'. Did your vet put 'lumps' on the claim form? I would contact your practice and check out the wording on the claim form.
  • TASHMA
    TASHMA Posts: 63 Forumite
    louidog wrote: »
    Yep my dog had one lump removed so only paid the one excess BUT they have put the monthly charge up to £21 a month (from £16) now it's time to renew it!

How long did you all wait to be paid out? I waited 11 weeks for my £622 to be paid :eek:

I waited about the same time too. It was a lot longer than the '6 weeks' they tell you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure