PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What survey?

Options
Im currently purchasing a 2 double bedroom maisonette which has a single floor flat enderneath. Im unsure of what survey to have done? Its ex local authority in a terrace approx. 50years old.
My father is an electrician and girlfriends father a plumber so they have offered to check out the services I just wondered what extras I will need to look out for?

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Iirc a homebuyers survey is the middle of the road one, the one where the surveyor may actually get up into the roof etc :) If I also remember correctly its also worth getting a electrical and plumbing survey done as i think the surveyor covers himself by advising them and the mortgage companies will ask for them if he has done. Getting them all done before the mortgage company asks saves a lot of time if you have deadlines to meet
  • mrnomoneybags
    Options
    If you want the survyor to get on the roof then meet him there with a set of large ladders........ large enough to reach the roof.

I have no long had a survey done and the guy didnt look at the roof becuase they dont have ladders longer than 3 meters.

:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport