Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Amazing Prices in Furniture Charity Shops

Options
Hi all

Just wanted to spread my experience of shopping at the Phyllis Tuckwell Furniture Showroom.

The OH and I are moving home and need/ed some extra bits of furniture as we're going from a 1 bed flat with open plan lounge/kitchen/diner to a 2 bed with separate kitchen super exciting.

Anyway i'm drifting off topic.

Like a lot of people we're short on cash so had planned to go to Ikea to get the extra bits we needed on the off chance I saw my local Phyllis Tuckwell Showroom was having an open day where they let you into the elusive store room out back, not expecting much the OH and I took a trip down and we were amazed at the things we found.

Many items looked brand new, others with a lick of paint you wouldn't know it was second hand, I don't normally shop in charity places not because I'm snobby or what ever but I cant stand the chaos of looking a racks of clothes, I can't even stand primark but I would definitely recommend the charity furniture show rooms.

We spent a total of £95 on:

2 tv stands
display cabinet
bookcase
stool

The nearest equivalent items at Ikea would have come to a grand total of: £212

Total saving: £117
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing