🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

nationwide balance transfer

Options
hi all, was wondering if anyone knows if i can transfer my balance from my tesco account to my girlfriends nationwide account if she applys for one. been reading through nationwide t&c and can't find anything that suggests not.

Comments

• goaroundnow
    goaroundnow Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, you can.

When she gets her card, just provide your Tesco card number (and whatever else they ask for). They will not, however, ask for the name on the card etc.

I have transferred balances from cards in my name to cards in others' names (i.e. my other half's) and also transferred from others' cards to mine.

Never had a problem and I have done it (both ways) with Nationwide.
  • shaynemawer
    shaynemawer Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    ok, thanks for that.. she's going get the nationwide card tomorrow..
  • SuperAllyB
    SuperAllyB Posts: 860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, but i take she fully appreciates that it becomes her debt and will stay that way if anything happens to your relationship?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport