Finding a slim depth dishwasher

Options
Hi,

Hope i'm posting this in the right place.

Due to a number of pipes being behind where I want my dishwasher to go, I need to find an integrated dishwasher with a smaller depth than normal so it lines up with the rest of my units. I can find plenty of slim-line ones that are shorter width but all the 60cm ones I view seem to have standard depth of around 57cm. I'm sure other people have had the same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? As ever, the cheaper the better :)

Many Thanks

Simon

Comments

• kwatt
    kwatt Posts: 711 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Simon,

We were asked this not so long ago on UK Whitegoods, basically there aren't any. :(

Most integrated ones will have a "step-in" at the bottom to accomodate some pipework but they all have to be 57-59cm deep so that you can fit in the standard 12 place EU plate set. You can imagine how well a dishwasher would sell that took 10 place settings. ;)

K.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. Its what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
  • simmysi
    simmysi Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the help anyway.

I've searched the web and found this one that is 55cm, so I might have to go with it. It's going to be a tight squeeze.

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=191612&tab=specification#spec

Simon
  • kwatt
    Options
    I wouldn't buy an Indesit. ;)

But if it's all you can get. :(

K.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. Its what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
  • simmysi
    simmysi Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    ah, what about Baumatic? i've found a 54cm depth Baumatic (BDW13) which would do. I realise they won't be as good as a top brand dishwasher but I doubt we'll use it heavily.

Thanks

Simon
  • kwatt
    Options
    Depends what one, some of those are the dreaded Chinese things but not much is known about Baumatic by me as all their service is in-house.

K.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure