Bad time of year?

Options
Hi guys,

March was a very dry month for me and I noticed from the 'what have we won in march' thread on iwiwiw that it was bad for a lot of us.

Is this time of year generally bad or is it that comping has now become so popular that we have less chance?

There are a couple of other reasons it may have been bad for me, for example I've spent a lot of time on daily comps and also not doing many fb comps due to the issues which is where most of my wins have come from.

Please don't think I'm moaning. As you can see from my sig I've done ok in the past, so was just wondering if this dry spell is more than just luck running out....
2012 wins = £933 :j
2013 wins so far = £4,025 :j

July wins: Holiday to Marbella :j

Comments

• Tjrw1985
    Tjrw1985 Posts: 302 Forumite
    Options
    No, I think there is generally more people comping.

I haven't won a thing for months, and even missed an advent win. I think the comping fairy is just ignoring me.
    Debt free as of 7.20am on 31st December 2012.

Wow. Feels great :j :beer:
  • starrybee
    starrybee Posts: 1,917 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was wondering this too - I usually do okay, mainly small wins, but march was my worst month by far! Perhaps less comps get posted in Jan/Feb?
  • Duckfeet84
    Duckfeet84 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    I chose a bad month to take up comping then lol
    Comping since March 2013
    Wins: A Canvas Holiday worth £2000! :)
    John Grisham Book, Baby Book, Nail Art Pen
    :starmod:
    Mummy, Baker, Crafter, Comper, Girlgeek
    :staradmin
  • paadzer
    paadzer Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    it was one of my best months
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had a number of wins but they were all tiny ones apart from a swimsuit
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • Worriedmummy
    Options
    I'll stop my moaning and keep going :)
    2012 wins = £933 :j
    2013 wins so far = £4,025 :j

July wins: Holiday to Marbella :j
  • AlainaJane31
    Options
    I don't think your moaning worriedmummy I've had a very dry spell aswell I won some face moisturiser in march, but did get a WEM on Monday to say I'd won some jewellery from a march comp so that kinda made up for it. I don't think it's more compers either just luck of the draw I suppose, we all know we can't win every time and that's what makes it fun and addictive, just got write it off, take a deep breath and start the new months comps with a smile and positivity that this will be a better month, try not to think about the winning so much and more about the taking part, in the words of the national lottery you've got to be in it to win it! :D

Huge thanks to everyone who takes the time and effort to post all the comps! :T
    *~*WINS*~*
    NOV 23 - 2x tickets for Sister Act in Bradford - £86.00, ASUS ROG FALCHION ACE 65% White Gaming Keyboard - £130
    DEC 23 - Festive Pack from Paper Christmas
  • daviduk1976
    daviduk1976 Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know how you feel. You win quite a lot...then nothing.....now dont have a go....I have had nothing this week. usually I get something a week to keep me going, but this week nothing (so far) I am getting withdrawel symptons.....even the postie worries too bless him.
    TOTAL 2013 £3100 :eek:
    TOTAL 2014 £1250

TOTAL 2015: £500 winning:2 tkts to theatre, Cap1 Footie, weeks holiday in lakes.
  • tandydadder
    tandydadder Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know how you feel. You win quite a lot...then nothing.....now dont have a go....I have had nothing this week. usually I get something a week to keep me going, but this week nothing (so far) I am getting withdrawel symptons.....even the postie worries too bless him.

What's your secret? Do you enter loads and loads? Hope you find your mojo again and hit a big lucky winning streak. I've only won 3 prizes in 3 months - 2 cinema tickets, a golden syrup pancake making kit (which was just an apron and a cookie cutter), and £100 vouchers... Happy with the wins, but just wondering how to increase my chances!! Keep comping. xx
    Thanks to all of you for posting the competitions! Really appreciate it. :lovethoug
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a dry March too. I won a face spray and a surprise of Willow on Blu-ray, I usually do a little bit better than that in March. I've already beaten that this month with 3 WEM in 2 days :j
    I think that there is definitely more folks comping now. Even some of my FB friends have started, as I've noticed a lot more l&s coming up.
    The way things are atm, maybe lots more people have more time to spare, so are trying to fill the time with a new hobby. I think it's just one of those things, more people are having a go, so there's less chance of winning. Doesn't stop us trying to win things though :rotfl:

Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport