A ray of sunshine

Options
There has been a bit of negativity recently on here so I thought It would be a good time to spread a little sunshine and say I appreciate all the help I've been given since joining this board and all the people who post competitions. I thought I would start a threat of positivity where we can say three positive things.
* your favourite thing about comping.
* a positive thing your doing this week.
* a positive thing someone has done for you this week.

my favourite thing about comping is the thrill I get when I open my email and stalking my postie!

my positive thing this week is spending today (hopefully! if not already on board!) posting instead of entering comps and i'll try to do this once a week at least.

positive thing done for me this week is that it's my partners week off and i tripped over the girls(we have two year old twins) and hurt my knee and he's gotten up with the girls and let me have a rest, done all the nappies and made me breakfast this morning :j
Starting afresh - comping as much as poss!

Hoping for: some beauty goods, clothes, amazon vouchers, anime, manga, wardrobe, fridge freezer, laptop, an ipad, vouchers for next, exercise goods, a uk break and a wee hol somewhere nice!
Wishing all a little luck:beer:

Comments

• Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nice idea

My favourite thing about comping is winning so obvious but must be true for most if not all compers.

My positive thing is having lunch with an old friend to catch up on the gossip.( I mean long term friend not that she is old...)

My youngest son actually unloaded the dishwasher without being asked and my eldest cut the grass. I love that they are both now old enough to do things like that.
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    my fave thing about comping - winning I've had some great wins both fro myself & family and friends

a positive thing I'm doing this week - well it's gone but it was my birthday so I've been treating myself to cake

given me presents
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,666 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gorgous thread, and definitely agree we can use a little positivity here at the mo - thanks :T:T:T

* your favourite thing about comping.

Mine is not so much winning, but the enduring hope of winning. I love that every day there is the possibility that I might find out I have won something fabulous.

* a positive thing your doing this week.

Working on my book and hopefully looking into doing my own funny greetings cards business - well, mine and the hublet's anyway. I write, he draws.

* a positive thing someone has done for you this week.

Connected to the above. Someone has just given me a wealth of advice as to how to get started in our new venture.

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday Hamsterfan1 hope it was a good one with lots of balloons and cake!
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • paadzer
    paadzer Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    * your favourite thing about comping - winning and having something to do in my spare time.

* a positive thing you're doing this week - seeing a friend I haven't seen for a while.

* a positive thing someone has done for you this week - friends taking me shopping or out for the day without wanting money towards the fuel.
  • Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OP - you have me singing a Wham song now lol
    Thank you all who post.
  • Madrabbitgirl
    Options
    Lovely thread, I agree we could all do with some extra positivity!

My favourite things about comping: Getting a surprise package through the post and the anticipation of what could be inside. :) Reading through my e-mails not expecting anything great & then suddenly realising I'm staring at a WEM! :)

Something positive I'm doing this week: Spending time with my partner (he's also got this week off!) & sprucing up our place.

Something positive someone has done for me this week: My mum bought me a new scarf. :)
    :D January 2016: :) Seed Pantry Grow Pod :)
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 April 2013 at 4:07PM
    Options
    Getting nice PM's, "thanks mclarkie, I won that comp you posted up"

And winning of course. ;)

Nice thread [STRIKE]Madrabbitgirl [/STRIKE] kzmicallef :)
  • Madrabbitgirl
    Options
    mclarkie wrote: »
    Nice thread Madrabbitgirl :)

I can't take the credit for that - it's kzmicallef's thread! :)
    :D January 2016: :) Seed Pantry Grow Pod :)
  • WoodyAllenJesus
    Options
    favourite thing - the hope of winning, and getting home from work to a surprise package

positive thing I'm doing this week(end) - decluttering my bedroom and working on my daughter's birth sampler that I haven't touched for 2 years

positive thing someone has done for me - I am currently facing redundancy and my ex-boss took me out to lunch and helped me with some job applications
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure