Perth: things to do

wild_tiger
wild_tiger Posts: 389 Forumite
hi, i'm driving down to Perth for 6 days holidays with my 2 boys (6 and 8) this Friday. i'm looking for things to do and see and where to eat and places i should avoid (if any).
we are going to blair drummond but i don't know if they ever have vouchers/special offers?

any help or advice would be great, i'm staying with a friend but i've got the car so we can drive about :)
wouldn't it be nice if i won : car/cash/family holiday :)

:j I am a winner! :j

Thank You to all who post and who make this a great site!

Comments

• I've never seen any discount for Blair Drummond, but it is a great day out. What about Active Kids at Stanley, the boys would love that. Again, not many offers. They do a child free for a paying adult if you have a peel to save card, but I think you can only buy them in Perth. What about a walk up Kinnoull hill one day? If you have bikes you could cycle round the inch and out to almond bank, it's a nice ride along the river Tay. There's the 'beach' at Stanley - not very big, but nice and quiet if the weather is nice.

Hope you have a nice time
  • auchterarder
    auchterarder Posts: 103 Forumite
    Perth Leisure Pool is a great day out for kids. Check the web site for Blair Drummond as it used to have a free kids entry download available as well. Great free museum in Perth also.
  • auchterarder
    auchterarder Posts: 103 Forumite
    Saturdays Daily Record or Sundays Sunday Mail had free vouchers for a few things including Blair Drummond.
  • wild_tiger
    we are going to be staying in auchterarder, my friend works at gleneagles :)

any ideas where i could get the papers now?

• bubblegumcola
    bubblegumcola Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    edited 1 April 2013 at 8:27PM
    You used to be able to register on the Blair Drummond website for emails and it would let you print a free kids voucher...one child goes free per car. We used this and met grandparents there for the day...one of the kids went in the grandparents car. It's a great day out.
    Not been up to Perth for a wee while but usually there are nice places to eat round about St John's Kirk. If the weather is nice have a stroll along the North or South Inches. There's the cinema, The Playhouse, in Mill Street where the buses stop. How about going on a site like Netmums which has area specific sections that might have stuff posted about what's on in the holidays?
  • geelamch
    geelamch Posts: 243 Forumite
    Been to Perth and the best suggestion is to pack a suicide kit
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    If you are heading as far as Dundee, the sensation science centre is always a hit with kids. 20 mins from Perth but quite a bit more from auchterarder
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • wild_tiger
    is there any free parking in perth if we go to the museum?
    also my friend wants to see loch lomond, how far is the drive before we get a good view?

• If you park at Bells Sports Centre, next to the North Inch it's quite cheap, or over the bridge at Rodney is cheap and just walk. Or you can park on the streets around Bell's for free. The museum is free, but imo, unless there is an exhibition on, it's quite boring.

Depends which part of loch lomond you want to go to. About 45 mins to an hours drive would take you to Balmaha which is nice, you can hire canoes and they have one of those hamster ball things.
  • If you're at Gleneagles, rather than going to Perth for eating out, Stirling is much nicer and just as close. They have a nice new cinema complex with lots of eating places around, I've never actually been yet, but it looks lovely!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure