New kitchen, flooring and bathroom - where to buy?

Hi all,
I am looking for recommendations to buy a new kitchen, bathroom and flooring in a house we are about to buy...

The existing stuff is totally useless. It should be completely removed and new stuff installed...

I am thinking of the following:

Kitchen : Ikea (13x7 gallery style 12 cabinet kitchen)
Bathroom : Wickes (A walk in shower, toilet, sink and a vanity cupboard)
Flooring : wickes (solid oak)

Can someone pls give me an estimate of how much I should be looking to pay for installation - I am in London (bromley)

My budget for the 3 is £15k - does that sound realistic?
There is more to life than increasing its speed.

Comments

• missesther
    missesther Posts: 190 Forumite
    We got solid oak for our lounge and conservatory floor and bought online (ukflooringdirect.co.uk). It was half the price of Wickes and looks fantastic. It's was a year ago though, hopefully it is still as good value. If that helps.
    i before e, except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    bluedrop wrote: »
    My budget for the 3 is £15k - does that sound realistic?
    Your budget just for installation of all three is £ 15k or your budget for supply & fit is £ 15k or your budget for you supply and someone fits is £ 15k?

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • mantis999
    mantis999 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 1 April 2013 at 11:21AM
    I do not recommend kitchen from IKEA.
    and £15k quite a good price. Just i do not know thats include materials or just for fiting. If is only for fiting i thing is to much, flooring you can cheek on www.naturalwoodfloor.co.uk

Why I not recommend IKEA kitchen. Ikea kitchen havent got cutting space on the back of bace unit. so if your floors is not level or wall is not straight than will be so
    difficult to adjust all doors in one level or your units will be not attached to the wall.
    and if you got a lot of pipes ,so all pipes will be inside unit.

http://www.capitalpainter.co.uk/interiorpainting.html
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    mantis999 wrote: »
    Why I not recommend IKEA kitchen. Ikea kitchen havent got cutting space on the back of bace unit. so if your floors is not level or wall is not straight than will be so
    difficult to adjust all doors in one level or your units will be not attached to the wall.
    and if you got a lot of pipes ,so all pipes will be inside unit.
    Couldn't agree less. Fitting an Ikea kitchen is about planning it properly. There's nothing wrong with them for one minute. Its just a bit of hard work needed and getting your services in the right place the first time.

No walls are ever straight in any kitchen nor are the floors level. IKEA are no different in that respect to any other kitchen.

Too many people use the lack of service void with IKEA as an excuse.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • mantis999
    mantis999 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2013 at 5:53PM
    You asked what you recommend. I just said my opinion, and tried to explain.
    You can bay what ever you want,
    makes no difference to me:rotfl:
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    keystone wrote: »
    Couldn't agree less. Fitting an Ikea kitchen is about planning it properly. There's nothing wrong with them for one minute. Its just a bit of hard work needed and getting your services in the right place the first time.

No walls are ever straight in any kitchen nor are the floors level. IKEA are no different in that respect to any other kitchen.

Too many people use the lack of service void with IKEA as an excuse.

Cheers

Couldn't agree more

A recent customer purchased a Cooke and Lewis, for half the price they could have had a ikea kitchen with twice the units. Units always go together well from ikea, is very rare panels are damaged unlike the last 2 Cooke and Lewis items customers supplied me. Higher spec that your average shed kitchen for a reasonable sum. For the price they can not be beaten
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure