MBNA PPI claim on credit card

Options
My husband has a credit card with MBNA which started in 1997. We knew we had PPI on the account until 2006 when it was cancelled. When we called them yesterday they informed us that the PPI started in 2003, which we did not know as normally if we had PPI we would have started with it from the outset not six years down the line.

I do remember cancelling the PPI in 2006 and I had various calls from MBNA after I cancelled it literally badgering to resinstate it which we never did.

Has anyone else this issue with MBNA as we are considering a mis sell?

Any advice much appreciated

Comments

• happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Options
    I submitted an SAR to them, and they replied with statements from 2003 on an account opened in 2001. I too cancelled the PPI, in 2005, never knew I had it nor did I need it.

So, just sent off complaint to them, and stated I had it when account was opened, which I must have as I never added it.

Not sure what they will say for the 2 years they didn't send statements for, as I doubt they have them.

They also don't have a copy of my agreement, so that's not gonna help either.

I would suspect their records only go back to 2003.

Was the card MBNA or another brand like Alliance & Leicester?
    :beer:
  • Clifford_1997
    Options
    Hi thanks for replying. The account was always with MBNA. When did you send off your complaint to them?
  • happy_bunny_2
    Options
    Hi,

Will be sent tomorrow, as need to send signed for.

Got my SAR looking for my credit agreement last year, only just noticed PPI.

Will update when I get a response.

HB
  • happy_bunny_2
    Options
    Well, that was a waste of time.

MBNA rejected, as PPI originally sold by Alliance and Leicester and when MBNA took over the apparently wrote to customers saying they could cancel the PPI in 30 days they were not happy with the terms. Erm....I could have done that anyway if I realised I had it.

They said they would forward the complaint to A&L for the period before MBNA bought the account.

Sigh...

May as well refer to FOS I suppose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills