edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
4 replies 735 views
lstar337lstar337 Forumite
3.4K Posts
Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
have changed for BST?

I looked this morning and it hasn't, which I'm guessing means that the internal time switch is offset by 1 hour, and I will have to change all my timers for tumble drier, washing machine, etc.

Replies

• Carrot007Carrot007 Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some do and some don't!

Depends on the area and meter type as to what is most common.

Not changing is common around here.
  • lstar337lstar337 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK thanks. I'm guessing it won't then.

I will change my timers to match.
  • Richie-from-the-BoroRichie-from-the-Boro Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    GMT / BST its quite normal and goes all the way back to the old regional electricity boards days the timings do vary across the country's regions. The newer [AMPY] style digital meters are remotely adjusted with a radio signal, they, are always on the correct time. You are not being charged extra by having the old clock, they just start and finish 30 minutes out.

As Carrot007 said, don't concern yourself with it - its fine !
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • lstar337lstar337 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    GMT / BST its quite normal and goes all the way back to the old regional electricity boards days the timings do vary across the country's regions. The newer [AMPY] style digital meters are remotely adjusted with a radio signal, they, are always on the correct time. You are not being charged extra by having the old clock, they just start and finish 30 minutes out.

As Carrot007 said, don't concern yourself with it - its fine !
    It's a digital meter, fitted in 2008. It doesn't concern me, it's just a pain to have to change my timers to reflect the new 'hour shifted' off peak period.

If I don't change my timers, the tumble drier, washing machine, and other appliances will start using peak power.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals