Experian Credit Report

Options
Hi,

I'm currently looking into applying for a mortgage, and so I got hold of my Experian credit report to check out how I'm doing before I put the application in.

My credit score is apparently good (949), but none of my current credit cards or my car loan etc are showing up. Nothing seems to be showing up at all. I have two credit cards, one with Barclaycard and one with Virgin, for example, neither of which appear on the report.

My address is correct, and they have records of all my previous addresses. My name and address for these cards is correct. I'm on the electoral roll. It's showing as me having no current credit accounts, no available credit and no outstanding debt, which isn't accurate.

How much is this a problem? Is there any reason why none of this information would be showing up?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Silverstar wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently looking into applying for a mortgage, and so I got hold of my Experian credit report to check out how I'm doing before I put the application in.

My credit score is apparently good (949), but none of my current credit cards or my car loan etc are showing up. Nothing seems to be showing up at all. I have two credit cards, one with Barclaycard and one with Virgin, for example, neither of which appear on the report.

My address is correct, and they have records of all my previous addresses. My name and address for these cards is correct. I'm on the electoral roll. It's showing as me having no current credit accounts, no available credit and no outstanding debt, which isn't accurate.

How much is this a problem? Is there any reason why none of this information would be showing up?

Thanks in advance.

Have you had a look at your equifax report, it may be that the cards you have only get reported to one of the agencies?
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    Have you had a look at your equifax report, it may be that the cards you have only get reported to one of the agencies?
    That would be highly unlikely, bearing in mind we're talking 2 x credit cards, a loan, and presumably a current account too?

OP, what about older, settled, accounts? Or are you saying there's absolutely no CAIS information (past or present) showing?

I think you'd be better contacting Experian and making them work for their money!
  • Silverstar
    Silverstar Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP, what about older, settled, accounts? Or are you saying there's absolutely no CAIS information (past or present) showing?

It's showing one old settled car loan account. Nothing else.

I've just checked my Equifax credit report and score, and everything is showing up fine on there - I have a good score there too. I'm just not sure why none of it seems to be showing up on my Experian report, and whether that's likely to cause any issues?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    The lack of information is sometimes caused by address (or even name) anomolies.

Do you live in a flat? And have you forenames you've interchanged/omit on some accounts?

Does the address you've provided to lenders mirror exactly the address showing on your ER records?

But like I said before, put these issues to Experian and see what they say.

Oh, and I assume you're getting the scores made up numbers for free? If not, stop wasting your money...they're worthless, confusing, and cause hurt and anxiety along with false hope!
  • Silverstar
    Options
    The lack of information is sometimes caused by address (or even name) anomolies.

Do you live in a flat? And have you forenames you've interchanged/omit on some accounts?

Does the address you've provided to lenders mirror exactly the address showing on your ER records?

But like I said before, put these issues to Experian and see what they say.

Oh, and I assume you're getting the scores made up numbers for free? If not, stop wasting your money...they're worthless, confusing, and cause hurt and anxiety along with false hope!

I do live in a flat. Maybe that's what's causing the issue. I'll see if I can change that :)

And yes, I'm doing all the free trials, and I'll be cancelling them tomorrow.

Thank you for your help!
  • Jemima09
    Jemima09 Posts: 179 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Silverstar, I got my experian and equifax reports this week too, and have the same issue. Equifax shows everything, Experian says I have 2 accounts, but when I look it's actually showing the same credit card twice. But has no record of other credit cards/mortgage/loan, old phone contracts..

It has picked up multiple versions of my address (flat), and has got my prior address fine, where most of my credit agreements actually originated, so i don't think it's to do with the flat.
    Debt Free and Very Very Proud! - DMP mutual support member 315
    Debts at May 09 (LBM) £20,675 : Dec 13 £ZERO!
  • Silverstar
    Options
    Jemima09 wrote: »
    Silverstar, I got my experian and equifax reports this week too, and have the same issue. Equifax shows everything, Experian says I have 2 accounts, but when I look it's actually showing the same credit card twice. But has no record of other credit cards/mortgage/loan, old phone contracts..

It has picked up multiple versions of my address (flat), and has got my prior address fine, where most of my credit agreements actually originated, so i don't think it's to do with the flat.

Odd. Maybe Experian are having some kind of issue at the moment.

I'm going to try calling them at lunchtime to see if I can figure out the issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure